RAWALPINDI - The government should broaden the tax net by brining doctors, engineers and agriculture sector in the tax net as only this way the economy of country could be strengthened. The export refinance ratio must be reduced. Business community at the meeting of Rawalpindi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) made these demands to chalk out budget proposals for the year 2011-12 at the Chamber here on Friday. RCCI Senior Vice President Mian Ateeq Sheikh, former presidents Kashif Shabbir, Syed Asad Mushadi, Sabir Hussain Butt, Najam Malik, members of Majlis-e-Aamla and students of various educational institutions attended the meeting. RCCI president Syed Ali Raza, who also chaired the meeting, said that subsidies only benefited 3 to 4 per cent poor while on the other 96 per cent rich people took advantages from the subsidy offered by the government. He said that for broadening the tax net, tax ratio must be reduced. Shah said that the professionals like doctors and engineers agriculture sector must be brought under the tax net. It will help a lot in generating revenue for the country and also decreased the burden on the already tax payers, he said. RCCI president said that government must consult the stakeholders before drafting any policy. He was of the view that the revenue generate from the masses must be spent for the betterment of the poor. He also demanded of the government to reduce its expenses to bring the country out of crisis. For the endorsement of corporate sector the corporate tax must be reduced to 35 per cent. According to government rules it is decided that ratio of the said tax will be reduced 3 per cent every year but it did not happen till date, Syed Ali Raza said by demanding of that government to assure the implementation of the rules for the said sector.