MIRPUR (AJK)

Former AJK prime minister and People’s Party leader Barrister Sultan Mehmood Chaudhry on Saturday asked the AJK government to immediately move for the recovery of over Rs5 billion plundered under the guise of online advertisement business “Click”, and termed the present premier patron of the plunders.

“People of Mirpur will be constrained to take to the streets under a mass movement if the government fails to recover the looted money within the deadline,” said Sultan addressing the victims and party workers. He named the scam as “Double Mujawer - Rather Triple Mujawer Scandal” in view of the exceptionally attractive 300 percent profit of the “business” which swept the huge money belonging to the local population who invested in the business.

Declaring the AJK prime minister as the principle accused of the scandal,  Barrister Sultan accused Ch Majeed of backing the plunderers. He blamed that despite the Supreme Court of AJK and the AJK High Court had declared the online advertisement business unlawful and illegal respectively on September 02, 2013 and August 20, 2013, the AJK prime minister ordered the Director Industries Department on September 19, 2013 for the registration of one of the fake entrepreneur involved in the said unlawful  business identified as  M/s. Naxes Services (Pvt) Ltd. Sultan produced the document in the news conference to justify his assertion.

He appealed to the apex court of AJK to order initiation of contempt of court proceeding against AJK Prime Minister Ch Abdul Majeed. “If I could be served the contempt of court notice in a case by the AJK Supreme Court, why not the AJK Prime Minister Majeed be served the contempt of court notice for defying the orders of the learned superior judiciary of the state,” Sultan said.

Demanding high level probe into the scam, Barrister Sultan demanded that since the masterminds of the biggest scandal belong to various parts of Pakistan, the FIA and the National Accountability Bureau as well as Chief Secretary of AJK Khizer Hayat Gondel and Inspector General Police AJK Khuda Buksh Awan should hold inquiry into the scandal under the cyber crimes act to ensure the recovery of the plundered money of the innocent people of Mirpur besides bringing the accused to book.

Sultan revealed that so far, the victims lodged the claims of Rs1.88 billion with the Mirpur district administration. He said that the superior judiciary of AJK especially the Supreme Court of AJK should take a suo moto notice of the fraud. Sultan, who is also member of AJK Legislative Assembly from Mirpur city, said that he had asked all the members of AJK Parliament to move for demanding the emergency session of the AJK Legislative Assembly to raise voice for recovery of the looted money.

The AJK PPP leader said that Bilawal House has also been informed, with demand for immediate action over the alleged involvement of the incumbent AJK prime minister and his aides in the scam.