Rawalpindi-A security guard of a private housing society “Safari Inclave 2” was shot dead by two unknown motorcyclists on Adiala Road, informed sources on Thursday.

The deceased was identified as Muhammad Yousaf, whose dead body was shifted to District Headquarters Hospital for autopsy. A day earlier, a local landlord Sheikh Waheed had gotten 110 kanals of his land evacuated through a court bailiff. According to him, the land was grabbed by a man named Malik Ghulam Mehboob who he claimed enjoys the support of PML-N MPA Chaudhry Sarfraz Afzal.

However, Malik Ghulam Mehboob accused Sheikh Waheed and his men of killing the security guard .

According to sources, the security guard of was imparting security duty when two men riding on motorcycles fired shots at him and fled the scene. As a result, Yousaf sustained bullet injuries in his chest and died from excessive bleeding, they said.

A heavy contingent of police headed by SHO Police Station Malik Rafaqat rushed to the crime scene and collected evidences besides shifting the injured guard to DHQ for medical treatment.

Malik Ghulam Mehboob, the owner of housing society, told the media that the attackers did not allow the police to enter the housing society to pick up the injured guard. Malik Ghulam Mehboob has lodged a written complaint with PS Saddar Bairooni against Sheikh Waheed for registration of a murder case against him.

Sheikh Waheed denied that he or his men killed guard of housing society. “Why will I take the law into hands after getting possession of my land through bailiff?” he said. He alleged that Malik Ghulam Mehboob had killed his own guard to put the responsibility on him in a bid to grab the land again. A senior police officer told The Nation police are investigating the murder case. SP Saddar Circle Iftikhar Ul Haq was not available for his comments.

Meanwhile, a protest demo was organized by relatives of security guard Yousaf at Fawara Chowk.



They blocked the road by laying the dead body of the deceased on it and demanded immediate arrest of the culprit. Police officers arrived at the spot and negotiated with the protestors.