RAWALPINDI – A 50-year-old paralysed man burnt to death when fire out broke in a room in Shafi Riaz Building here on Astabal Road Wednesday early in the morning.

The reason of fire was told to be short-circuit, said police and rescuers.

According to police, the deceased Faqeer Hussain and his brother Javed, residents of Hazro, had been living in a rented room in Shafi Riaz Building. He said the deceased was paralysed while his brother Javed was a watchman in the market.

He said that at 06:00 a.m. some labourers, who were residing in the second room, made noise that fire erupted in Faqeer’s room, hearing which Javed rushed to the room to rescue his ailing brother. However, Faqeer burnt to death, police added.

Police added that Faqeer sustained 100 per cent burn injuries and died on the spot. The visit of police and rescuers of the spot suggested that the fire was caused by short circuit.