DHAKA - Happy with the behaviour of Shakib Al Hasan, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) said today it will lift the embargo on his playing overseas cricket leagues - valid till December 31, 2015 – on appeal. “The cricket board is happy with Shakib’s behaviour,” BCB President Nazmul Hassan Papon told reporters after returning to Bangladesh from an ICC meeting. “The ban will be lifted if Shakib appeals.”

Earlier on July 7 this year, the ace Bangladeshi cricketer was banned from cricket for six months for disciplinary issues. The embargo on him for participating in foreign cricket leagues was until December 31 next year. Shakib returned to cricket after September 15 and participated in the home series against Zimbabwe following the board’s decision to commute his ban to two and a half months on August 26.

However, his embargo on foreign leagues was on. In the series against Zimbabwe, Shakib made history by becoming the third man, apart from Imran Khan and Ian Botham, to have scored a century and claim 10 wickets in a Test match. Now, the board is considering removing Shakib’s ban after his recent performance, said Nizamuddin Chowdhury, chief executive officer (CEO) of BCB.

On a separate note, BCB boss Papon said that Bangladesh might play a three-match one day international (ODI) series in Zimbabwe ahead of the 2015 world cup scheduled for February-March. “The Zimbabwean cricket board has invited us.” He also added that Pakistan will visit Bangladesh to play a full series comprising of ODIs, Test matches and Twenty20s in April.