rawalpindi/ islamabad - The deadlock between the leadership of Tehreek-e-Labaik Ya Rasool Allah rally and the government is still continued on Saturday after the federal government refused to accept the demand of sacking  the federal law minister who is being accused of making the attempt to amend Khatam-e-Nabuwat declaration.

A two-member delegation comprising Dr Shafique Umeedi and Inayat ul Haq Shah called on the Federal Interior Minister and tabled their demands for ending the sit-in at Faizabad Interchange.

They asked the federal minister that the law minister is fully involved in the crime and he should be sent home immediately.  They also told the minister that the government should act upon the recommendations of a committee formed under the supervision of PML-N stalwart and Senator Raja Zafar ul Haq or in case of denial, the protesters would continue their protest by blocking the Faizabad Interchange.

The two-member delegation also demanded the release of their activists that have been arrested by the police in different parts of the country.

Sources said that the Federal Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal refused to accept the demand of TLYR of sacking the federal law minister saying he was not involved in the activity and had also clarified his position by releasing a video message on the social media. On this, the two-member delegation said that TLYR would expand their protest and would also block airports, railway stations and major roads until acceptance of their demands.

On the other hand, the charged protesters of TLYR kept the Faizabad Interchange blocked on the 4th consecutive day multiplying the miseries of residents of twin cities, commuters and transporters.

While holding bamboo sticks, iron rods and branches of tree, the irate protesters of TLYR could be seen engaging in an exchange of harsh words with those road users who tried to cross the barricades placed by the protestors on Islamabad Express Way, Old Murree Road, IJP Road and Murree Road.

The commuters, passengers and transporters suffered a lot due to road blockage. Similarly, the communication system was also disrupted after the administration suspended mobile phone and internet service in a radius of 1km around Faizabad Interchange. Resultantly, locals faced problems in communication with their near and dear ones. People working in government and semi-government offices also could not perform their duties accordingly owing to the suspension of internet service many passengers including old aged men, women, girls and children reached their destination by walking on foot due to unavailability of transport.

Following the unconfirmed reports that TLYR protestors are packing up their luggage and making mind to storm into federal capital, the district administrations of twin cities of Rawalpindi and Islamabad have deputed heavy contingent of police to stop the protestors from entering in Islamabad. Pakistan Rangers was also assigned the task to assist the police in maintaining law and order situation.

Meanwhile, the tension between the government and the protestors of Tehreek-e-Labaik Ya Rasool Allah (TLYR) it seemed to be increased as police have booked more than 250 activists including Ameer of TLYR Gujar Khan for blocking GT Road as a protest to press the government to accept their demands including sacking federal law minister. The business activities in Faizabad remained suspended partially.

The traffic police of Rawalpindi and Islamabad, on directions of Chief Traffic Officer (CTO) Chaudhry Yusaf Ali Shahid and SSP Traffic Islamabad Malik Matloob Awan, diverted all the vehicles plying between twin cities on alternative routes to facilitate the road users. Those who wanted to go Islamabad from Rawalpindi used Peshawar Road, IJP Principal Road, Murree Road, Double Road, 9th Avenue Faqeer Epi Road and Kashmir Highway.

However, no arrest has been made so far. According to sources Gujar Khan police, on the report of Detective Foot Constable (DFC), have registered a case against top leadership of Tehreek-e-Khatam-e-Nabuwat Labaik Ya Rasool Allah along with 250 other activists for holding a rally in Gujar Khan and blocking GT Road for vehicular movement. Sources said that police have nominated TLYR Ameer Gujar Khan Haji Ramzan Chishti, Mukhtar Ahmed Rizvi, Khateeb Sirani Masjid, Saboor Kiynai and Qari Mehboob ul Hassan, Khateeb Markazi Jamia Masjid Gujar Khan in the First Information Report with 250 other unknown activists and started the investigation. The case was registered against TLYR Ameer and activists under sections 143/145/147/149/341 of PPC and 6-Punjab Sound System Ordinance.

Sources also disclosed as many as 8 cases have been registered against the leadership of TLYR in police stations of Islamabad on charges of damaging public property and vehicles, harming people, snatching mobile phones, tear gas shells and other official stuff from cops. Sources revealed that the law enforcement agencies, during an operation, arrested three activists of TLYR in Tehsil Jhand and shifted them to Attock prison. The detainees were identified as Sahibzada Muhammad Jabir Khan, Muhammad Irfan and Muhammad Naseeruddin.