A senior Pakistani diplomat in the Indian capital died of an electric shock in his residency while using a hairdryer in the bathroom, a colleague said Monday. M. Khan Afridi, political counsellor at Pakistan's High Commission (embassy) in New Delhi, collapsed after taking a shower on Sunday evening, a Pakistani diplomat told media. "It was probably caused by an electric short circuit," the Pakistani diplomat said, asking not to be named. The 47-year-old was rushed to a hospital in New Delhi but was declared dead. The body was taken to Pakistan late Sunday, the colleague added.