SRINAGAR (Agencies) - Indian security forces killed at least 13 Muslim protesters in Occupied Kashmir Tuesday as they struggled to contain a new wave of anger against New Delhi's hold over the disputed region, officials said. Casualties mounted the day after a leading APHC leader and five other protesters were gunned down by troops in the scenic valley, amid some of the worst Indian brutalities since the start of freedom struggle by the Kashmiris. Police and soldiers enforced a daylight curfew across the Himalayan region in a bid to prevent rioting and resorted to gunfire and baton-charge in the face of widespread defiance including stone-throwing, witnesses said. "We want freedom and we will continue our struggle until we are free," senior Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq told AFP. Police, medical doctors and witnesses said 13 Muslim protesters, including a 55-year-old woman, were gunned down and hundreds of others wounded across Occupied Kashmir, including in Srinagar. The region's police chief, Kuldeep Khuda, claimed his forces had used "maximum restraint" and that 192 police had also been hurt. On Monday Sheikh Abdul Aziz, a leader of the political struggle against Indian rule, was shot dead by security forces during a protest near the Line of Control. One demonstrator, university student Showket Ahmed, charged that Indian soldiers and police "love to kill Muslims." Indian police said they were investigating the shooting, although the Indian Foreign Ministry accused Pakistan of "clear interference in the internal affairs of an integral part of India" by speaking out on the issue. Aziz's funeral went ahead Tuesday, after mourners broke through a police cordon and freed two Kashmiri leaders who were under house arrest so they could lead funeral prayers. His body was driven through Srinagar and accompanied by an estimated 50,000 residents, many of whom chanted "We want freedom" and "We will spill blood for blood." "India is holding our region by force," fumed businessman Abdul Hameed. "Until the Kashmir dispute is resolved, the anti-India sentiments will stay." The unrest, which has shattered several years of relative calm, was triggered by a Kashmir government decision in June to donate a parcel of land to a Hindu pilgrimage trust. The land transfer was cancelled after deadly protests, but that sparked riots in the Hindu-dominated south of Jammu and Kashmir state, with Hindu hardliners attacking Muslims and blocking the only road to the Kashmir valley. Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on Tuesday condemned "excessive and unwarranted" force by Indian security forces against Muslim protesters in Occupied Kashmir. "The government of Pakistan condemns the excessive and unwarranted use of force against the people of Indian-occupied Kashmir," a Foreign Office statement quoted Qureshi as saying late Monday. "We are deeply concerned over the deteriorating situation... which is resulting in loss of life and property of the Kashmiri people. We call for immediate steps to end violence against innocent Kashmiris." Qureshi said he had "learnt with great sorrow and grief" about the "martyrdom" of Sheikh Abdul Aziz, a moderate political leader at the forefront of the political struggle against Indian rule.