Rawalpindi An Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) on Saturday issued an arrest warrant for former president Pervez Mush-arraf in the Benazir Bhutto assassination case, a public prosecutor said. Musharraf, who was president when Benazir Bhutto was killed in December 2007 in a gun and suicide bomb attack, is in self-imposed exile in London. He will not be going back to Pakistan for any court hearing, his spokesman said. Judge Rana Nisar Ahmad has issued non-bailable warrant for former President Pervez Musharraf and directed him to appear before the court on February 19, said special prosecutor Chaudhry Zulfiqar Ali. He said, A joint investigation team that had been formed to probe the assassination said in its report Musharraf had involvement in the case and was equally responsible. The report said it was a broad conspiracy involving Pervez Musharraf, two police officials and terrorists, the special prosecutor said after the closed-door hearing that took place in Rawalpindis Adiala prison. Asked what would happen if Musharraf did not appear in court, the prosecutor said: We will see when the time comes. But Musharrafs spokesman in London said that the former president would not comply with the warrant. No, he wont be going back for this hearing, Fawad Chaudhry said, adding that the warrant was totally ridiculous. Fawad ridiculed accusations that Musharraf failed to provide adequate security for Benazir. How can the president of a country be made responsible for the non-provision of security? Its totally ridiculous, you cannot pin criminal responsibility on a president for that, he said. He insisted that Musharraf still planned to go back to Pakistan eventually to contest elections, adding: His return to Pakistan will be a political decision. In December, police arrested two senior police officers, Saud Aziz and Khurram Shahzad, for alleged dereliction of duty over the assassination of Benazir after a court issued their arrest warrants. Aziz, who was city police chief at the time of the killing, and Shahzad, another senior policeman in Rawalpindi, had been arrested for their failure to protect Benazir. In April, a UN panel accused the government of failing to provide Benazir with adequate protection and said investigations were hampered and an unfettered search for the truth was impeded. Musharrafs government blamed the assassination on Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud, who denied any involvement. Reacting strongly to the warrant, barrister Muhammad Ali Saif, secretary-general of Musharrafs All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party, accused the government of not following legal procedures. I will rather call it unilateral as arrest warrant has been issued without hearing Pervez Musharraf, Saif said. He added: No list of questions had been sent to Musharraf by the government, which is trying to deflect public opinion from its own incompetence and failure to deliver to masses by wrongly implicating Musharraf in the case. The government is also trying to protect the real assassins by implicating people in the case who have no link whatsoever with it. Another report meanwhile said that the detailed charge-sheet presented in Rawalpindis Anti Terrorism Court (ATC) accuses Musharraf of providing Baitullah Mehsud with the opportunity to carry out suicide attacks on Benazir Bhutto. Meanwhile in a separate development Khalid Qureshi, head of the joint investigation team, in the murder case of Benazir Bhutto, has been replaced by Wajid Zia. According to FIA spokesman, head of the investigation of the Mumbai bombings, Wajid Zia has been made the new head of investigation for Benazir Bhuttos murder case.