KARACHI - Two gangsters were killed in an ‘encounter’ while two others of the same gang, allegedly picked up by the law enforcers, were found dead here on Wednesday.
The encounter took place when the police, on a tip-off, conducted a raid at the hideout of the gangsters in Salar Goth area.
The victims were later identified as Shan aka Shani and Arif aka Billa. Police officials said Shan was the former worker of the Mohajir Qaumi Movement-Haqqiqi and Arif was the resident of Kalakot area of Lyari. Police officials said both the gangsters were associated with the Sohail Dada group of Lyari gangsters who were operating in Malir area. Police officials also claimed to have recovered two weapons from their possession.
Separately, the bodies of two more suspected gangsters , associated with the Sohail Dada group, were found from Memon Goth area. SHO Naeem Khan said both of them were shot dead after kidnapping. They were later identified as Muhammad Asif, resident of Daud Goth, and Aman aka PMT, resident of Ghazi Goth.
Meanwhile, the two alleged members of the Sohail Dada group, who were killed on Tuesday in an alleged encounter with the police and rangers in Memon Goth areas, were identified as Gul Rehman and Muhammad Ali on Wednesday.
Their families staged protest on main National Highway and blocked the traffic. They claimed all the six persons were killed after kidnapping by the law enforcers. “All of them were first kidnapped by the law enforcers and were later killed in fake encounters,” they claimed. “There should be an independent inquiry to probe the fake encounters and the law enforcers should be punished.”
The protest was ended after the extra contingent of law enforcers reached there and dispersed them after firing the teargas shells. Police officials said all the gangsters were involved in a number of cases.
Meanwhile, a suspect was killed during an alleged encounter by the Rizvia Police. Police officials said two suspects were trying to flee after looting the passengers of a bus. After looting the passengers, they were trying to escape on a rickshaw. Police chased them and managed to kill one of the suspects after an exchange of fire. Another culprit managed to escape. The identity of the victim has yet to be ascertained.