BANNU/PESHAWAR - As many as 20 people including 14 FC personnel and six policemen were killed and 17 others sustained injuries when a suicide bomber rammed his explosives-packed vehicle into a police station in district Bannu on Wednesday. The official Pakistan Television Corporation reports that all the dead were members of the Frontier Corps, a federal paramilitary police force. Official sources said that a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into Merian police stations building when most of the policemen were busy offering Maghrib prayers in a mosque attached with the police station. As a result, the targeted police station, which is situated on FR Jani Khel Road, was completely destroyed and roof of the mosque also caved in killing at least 20 persons including six policemen and injuring 17 others injured. The police contingent, rescue teams and locals rushed to the site and started pulling out the dead bodies and the injured. The injured were rushed to the District Headquarters Hospital, where five among the injured are stated in critical condition. According to eye-witnesses, over 60 persons were present in both the mosque and the police station at the time of the explosion. Sources said that number of casualties could increase as it is feared that still some of the people are under the debris of the police station. The police and personnel of law enforcement agencies rushed to the blast site and cordoned off the area and launched a search operation. The eyewitnesses said that the district plunged into darkness by the blast as electricity lines were damaged thus delaying the rescue and relief operation. The area is a highly sensitive zone, as it leads to North Waziristan Agency and has seen a number of military operations during the last few months. The Tehrik-e-Taliban (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the blast and said such attacks would continue. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti and Provincial Minister for Information Mian Iftikhar Hussain have criticised the suicidal attack and termed it the brutal action of the terrorists and defeated elements. They issued directives for investigation into the incident besides special arrangements on emergency basis for the provision of better medical care of the injured persons in the hospitals. They also have issued directives for increasing the rescue activities. Agencies add: The police said the car bomber had rammed the outer wall of the Merian police station, which is in a densely populated area. They said more than 50 police officers and paramilitary personnel were in the station at the time of the attack. The bomber driving a motor car targeted the police station. Police and other law-enforcers in large number arrived on the blast site and put security cordon around the blast site. Ambulances and rescue teams rushed to the site and retrieved bodies and injured from the rubble of the collapsed building. Meanwhile, two female schoolteachers, who were also sisters, were killed while seven others people including three children got injured when two roadside planted bombs exploded hitting a school van on Pajagi Road here on Wednesday. Police sources said that two bombs planted under a transformer on Pajagi Road at Shagai Baba area, the outskirts of the provincial metropolis, suddenly exploded killing two teachers of a private schools who were later identified as Nazakat Bibi, 55, and Sameena, 60. They were the residents of Nishtarabad. While seven others including three children - Mahnoor, 5, Hashiq, 5, and Abdullah, 7, got injured. They were shifted to the Lady Reading Hospital, where their conditions are stated to be stable. Police said that the school van was mainly targeted in the incident. The van has been destroyed completely. Official sources said that two bombs placed under a transformer were used in the blast apparently it was planned by the miscreants. The eyewitnesses said that the school van carrying students and teachers was passing near the transformer suddenly, the bomb blasted with a bang and. Both the bombs exploded at once, they said. The personnel of the BDS said that up to 7-kg explosives had been used in the first bomb and one-kg in the second blast. Police soon after the incident reached the blast site and cordoned off the area, however, no arrest was made till the filing of this report. Bomber levels Bannu police station