ISLAMABAD - Three kids of a same family including two sisters and a brother died of suffocation owing to gas leakage in their room on Thursday.

The tragic incident took place in the federal capital in the jurisdiction of Secretariat Police Station. According to details available by the police officials, dead included 3 years old Hussain Abbas, 2 years old Komal and 5 years old Mishal. While the police team is investigating the case, however, a spokesperson of Islamabad police said that the children died of suffocation due to leakage of coal gas into the room. “According to preliminary investigation, the family died of suffocation due to leakage of coal gas into the room, however, police is investigating the case on different angles too,” Zia Bajwa, a media official of Islamabad police told TheNation on Thursday.