KARACHI - Three people, including an MQM worker, were killed in the ongoing violence in the metropolis on Saturday.

An activist of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement was shot dead in AB Seena Lane within the jurisdiction of the Brigade Police Station. Identified as Rao Gulsher, 50, son of Naimatullah, the victim was sitting at his go-down in Gulshan-e-Zahoor area, when a bike-borne duo opened fire on him, killing him instantly. The body was taken to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medico-legal formalities.

According to police officials, the motive behind the murder is yet to be ascertained. Following the incident, tension flared in the area and its surroundings. A massive contingent of law enforcers was deployed Gulshan-e-Zahoor area to preserve peace. No case was registered till the filing of this report.

Separately, police recovered bullet-riddled body of 28-year-old Faisal alias Lamba, a close aide and a gunman of Lyari godfather Wasiullah Lakho, from Khadda Market within the remits of the Kalri Police Station. The victim was a resident of Baghdadi area.

According to SHO Safdar Mashwani, the victim had received seven bullets and his hands and legs had been tied up with an electric wire.

“Faisal alias Lamba had fled Lyari during the police operation. He returned on Friday. Then, unidentified men kidnapped him and killed him afterwards,” the SHO said while suspecting that Lyari gangsters might have killed him for his “cowardice”.

The body was shifted to the Civil Hospital Karachi for medico-legal formalities and later handed over to the heirs. A case has been registered against the unidentified killers on the complaint of the victim’s uncle.

In another incident, police found body of young man near a graveyard in Liaquatabad area. Identity of the victim could not be ascertained till the filing of this report.

SHO Mumtaz said the victim had been shot in the temple while his face had been disfigured due to repeated attacks with bricks. He said the victim appeared to be Baloch-speaking.

He suspected that unidentified men might have kidnapped him and thrown his body near the graveyard after killing him. The body was shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for postmortem and later moved to the Edhi Morgue for identification.

A case has been registered against the unidentified killers.