LAHORE - City cops are confident of public help in catching two men who were caught on CCTV while shooting a man dead near the Lahore Railway Station on Saturday.

The shooting, which took place in the Nolakha police precincts, triggered panic in the commercial locality as the 30-year-old worker succumbed to bullet wounds at the crime scene. In the video, both the killers could be seen fleeing the scene fearlessly.

One of the assailants was clad in pants-shirt while the other was wearing kurta-shalwar, investigators said. Police said the murder could be the fallout of personal enmity or a monetary dispute. The body was shifted to the morgue for autopsy.

According to police, thirty-year-old Muhammad Nazim Ali was shot dead by two motorcyclists in the cargo area of the railways station where he was a private worker.

The footage taken from a CCTV camera showed one of the attackers was talking to somebody on his mobile phone. In the meantime, he approached cargo-worker Nazim Ali. After a brief altercation, the youth took out a pistol and opened straight fire on Ali, who died on-the-spot. The deceased was the resident of Kot Khawaja Saeed, police said.

The police are also going through the CCTV footage to identify the gunmen, who had opened straight fire on the father of two in the presence of several men.

A senior police officer said the CCTV footage revealed that the two accused were on a motorcycle. After firing at the victim, they are seen fleeing the crime scene on their two-wheeler. A special police team has also been constituted to catch the killers.

The police have registered a case of murder under section 302 of the PPC and are investigating with no arrest made yet. The detectives are also taking the call record details of the deceased to find out the last callers. The cops suspect the assailants had contacted the deceased by phone and asked him to come outside when he was loading carpets in a cargo train.

Man found dead: A 30-year-old man was found dead under mysterious circumstances from Tibbi City police precincts on Saturday. The body was moved to the morgue for autopsy.

Police said that the man, unidentified so far, was lying dead alongside a footpath as they reached the spot.

Some passersby spotted the body and contacted the police by phone. According to investigators, the deceased was apparently a drug addict.