ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has expressed deep concern at the ongoing brutal actions of Indian security forces against helpless Kashmiris in Hindwara area of Occupied Kashmir.

In his weekly media briefing in Islamabad today, Foreign Office spokesman Nafees Zakaria urged the international community to take note of the situation and stop human rights violations in Occupied Kashmir. He also demanded to resolve the Kashmir issue in accordance with the UN Security Council resolutions.

He said OIC contact group on Kashmir, which met on the sidelines of the OIC summit in Turkey, has reiterated support to the legitimate struggle of Kashmiris.

The spokesman said OIC has conveyed its concerns on the flagrant human rights violations in the Occupied Kashmir to the international community.  He said OIC also regretted attempts to equate Kashmiris' struggle with terrorism.

Nafees Zakaria said Pakistan will continue to extend diplomatic and moral support to Kashmiris in their legitimate struggle. At the same time, Pakistan will also continue efforts to solve all outstanding issues with India through meaningful dialogue.

To a question, he said Pakistan supports Afghan-led initiative for lasting peace and stability in Afghanistan and all members of Quadrilateral group are working in that direction.

To a question, Foreign Office spokesman said Pakistan and Iran are exploring opportunities to promote bilateral relations in diverse fields.

He said several arrests have been made in Pakistan after the detention of RAW agent Kulbhushan Yadav, and investigation is underway to find out more facts.

Foreign Office spokesman said nine out of forty five Pakistanis stranded in China have been transported to Pakistan.

He said Pakistanis should refrain from unnecessary visits to Yemen, Iraq and Libya due to poor security situation in those countries.

He said Indian spy Kirpal Singh who was languishing in Kot Lakhpal Jail for nearly 25 years has died of natural causes.

FO Spokesperson Nafees Zakariya said that Kirpal Singh suffered a heart attack and he was immediately rushed to the intensive care unit (ICU) of Jinnah Hospital but could not survive.

Every incident should not be viewed with suspicion, the spokesperson said, adding that Indian High Commission has been informed regarding the inmate’s death.

Nafees Zakariya said that arrangements are being made to return his body to India.

Earlier, a judicial magistrate was also called who recorded the statements of some prisoners about the death of Kirpal, an official of Kot Lakhpat Jail said.

Asked if there were any signs of torture in Kirpal’s death, he said, “The inmates of the jail near to Kirpal stated that he complained about pain in his chest and died instantly.”

Singh had allegedly crossed Wagah border into Pakistan in 1992 and was arrested. He was subsequently sentenced to death in a serial bomb blasts case in Pakistan’s Punjab province.