ISLAMABAD - Britain has earmarked up to 31.3 million pounds in response to the UN Pakistan appeal for the flood victims. British High Commissioner to Pakistan Adam Thomson Friday said that this is in addition to 16.8 million pounds so far allocated while 10 million pounds bridge project has been brought forward, the amount would be spent for destroyed bridges in Khyber Pukht-unkhwa. Addressing a news conference at his residence here, Adam said the British aid announced so far would provide help to around a half million people affected by the floods, adding two British Royal planes carrying relief goods, food, tents etc are arriving today (Saturday). He said out of this amount four million pounds would be spent in flood-hit areas of Swat, Shangla, Nowshera and Charsadda while five million pounds would be spent on water sanitation, hygiene, which is in critical need and 80,000 people badly need such assistance. The British government is also supporting the BBC and its partners to broadcast three special bulletins in Urdu and Pashto to advise about the spread of epidemic in the affected areas. Adam said the UK public contribution for the Disastrous Management Committee has raised to 10.5 million pounds besides the Action Aid, Islamic Relief, Oxfam, Save Children are already contributing in relief work. Head of the Department of International Development in Pakistan, George Turkington on the occasion said that the UK is sending four more planes carrying assistance. He said, the UK has so far provided 3,500 tents, benefiting 62,500 people. He added that the UKaid has responded rapidly and generously to the relief efforts.