INDIAN Foreign Ministry officials denied Saturday of receiving any letter written by Ajmal Qasab asking Pakistani High Commission for legal aid, reported a private TV channel. Meanwhile, Pakistani Deputy Head of Mission in New Delhi Afrasiab Mehdi said Saturday that the High Commission had not received any letter from Ajmal Qasab. Earlier, Indian media, citing the police sources, had reported that the lone surviving gunman involved in the deadly attacks in Mumbai had written to the Pakistan High Commission (embassy) seeking legal help. Local police have forwarded the letter to the Indian government, Mumbai crime branch chief Rakesh Maria told reporters Mumbai. Reportedly, the gunman, Mohammed Ajmal Amir Qasab, has also asked Pakistani officials to take custody of the body of another gunman who was killed in a gunfight. Qasab faces a string of charges including "making war against the country, murder, attempted murder and other charges under the arms and explosives act." The Indian media have reported that a number of lawyers have refused to defend Qasab. The letter was forwarded to India's government to relay to Pakistani officials, but it was unclear whether it had been delivered, Maria said. Islamabad has refused to acknowledge Qasab's nationality, complaining that India has yet to furnish any evidence. Meanwhile, the gunman captured in Mumbai attacks told police he had originally intended to seize hostages and call the media to make demands, says his confession statement. Ajmal Qasab said he and his partner, who assaulted the city's main train station, had planned a rooftop standoff, but they couldn't find access to the roof, the statement says. The two killed dozens of people inside the station, but it's unclear if they ever held hostages. Meanwhile, Ajmal Amir alias Qasab, the lone terrorist captured during the recent Mumbai attacks, has been remanded to police custody till December 24. He was not be presented before a court due to security reasons, a police official said on Thursday. Amir was to be brought before a magistrate in a south Mumbai court for remand Thursday morning, but the police have decided against taking him out of the lock-up, Joint Police Commissioner (Crime) Rakesh Maria said. "Apart from security reasons, the media publicity was also taken into consideration before deciding on this," Maria said. A magistrate will now go to the crime branch lock-up located inside the Mumbai police headquarters, which is only one kilometre from the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) - one of the several prominent places where Amir and nine other terrorists struck on the night of Nov 26. QASAB'S CHARGESHEET Mumbai Crime Branch has registered 12 against Amir - including murder, attempt to murder, conspiracy and for waging war against the nation. He has also been booked under relevant sections of the Arms Act and Explosives Act. Amir was arrested from Girgaum Chowpatty while his associate Ismail Khan was killed in a police encounter on the fateful night of 26/11 attacks. He has been in police custody since November 27. Amir and Ismail had killed 55 commuters at CST and three senior police officers, including Maharashtra ATS Chief Hemant Karkare. Amir's associates - Bada Abdul Rehaman, Abu Ali, Abu Soheb, Umar, Abdul Rehaman Chhota, Fahad Ullah, Ismail Khan, Nasir alias Abu Umer and Babar Imaran alias Abu Akasha - were killed at different locations during the 60-hour commando operation against them. At least 179 people were killed in the terror attacks.