Rawalpindi - Two dispensers including a woman sustained burn injuries when fire engulfed the dressing room of emergency department of District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital here on Saturday. Both the injured were given medical treatment soon after the incident while doctors stated their condition out of danger.

According to source, the paramedical staff of dressing room at emergency department of DHQ Hospital burnt gas heater to keep themselves warm in cold weather when suddenly fire engulfed the room. The reason of fire was told to be gas leakage. The female dispenser sustained burn injuries on her legs. Both patients were provided emergency medical treatment.

According to Rescue 1122 officials, the injured woman was identified as Samiya.

As the fire broke, different wards were got vacated from the patients causing scare among the stff and the patients.

The MS DHQ Hospital was not available for his comments on the issue despite repeated attempts made by this scribe.