GAZA CITY (AFP) - Israel on Friday launched an airstrike on the southern Gaza Strip that killed a Palestinian, hours after a Hamas official said the movement accepted an Egyptian-brokered truce for the war-ravaged territory, with a formal announcement to be made soon. Palestinian medics said an activist was killed and three more people were wounded in the raid near Khan Yunis in southern Gaza. The raid targeted two members of the Popular Resistance Committees armed group, witnesses said. Witnesses said airstrikes also targeted tunnels along the border with Egypt, which Israel claims are used by Palestinian armed groups to smuggle in weapons. Earlier on Friday, Gaza activists fired two rockets into southern Israel, causing no casualties, the Israeli Army said. A spokesman said the short-range rockets exploded near the southern city of Sderot - a frequent target of attacks from the Hamas-ruled enclave. There has been sporadic rocket fire and Israeli airstrikes since January 18, when Israel and Hamas declared ceasefires to end a three-week war that killed more than 1,300 Palestinians and 13 Israelis. The latest air raids came after Egypt's official news agency MENA said late Thursday that Hamas had accepted an 18-month truce with Israel in and around Gaza, with a formal announcement to be made in 48 hours. "We have agreed to the truce with the Israeli side for a year and a half (in return) for the opening of all six passages between the Gaza Strip and Israel," Hamas' deputy leader Mussa Abu Marzuk told MENA. Egypt will announce the agreement after contacting Israel and the Palestinian factions, he said after talks with Cairo mediators. Israel was yet to comment. Egypt proposed a three-point plan to end the Gaza war and intelligence chief Omar Suleiman has met separately with Israeli and Palestinian officials to negotiate a permanent truce. Suleiman, in rare statements reported by Egyptian newspapers on Friday, said Cairo would discuss the truce proposal with Israel next week, adding that rocket firing into Israel was one of the problems in the way of a deal. Egypt's mediation drive has hit several hurdles, namely the release of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit who was captured in June 2006 by Gaza-based activists including Hamas and is still being held. Abu Marzuk said the issue of Shalit has been removed from the truce deal and that he would be released in exchange for Palestinian prisoners. But Hamas supremo Khaled Meshaal said in Libya there was no agreement on releasing Shalit, who also holds French nationality. "Until now there is no agreement concerning Shalit. Israel is trying to mix up the files and link his fate to the opening of the crossings (into Gaza)," Meshaal told Libyan television late Thursday. Suleiman said that contacts were under way to draw up a list of names of Palestinian prisoners who could be released by Israel in exchange for Shalit. Hamas' representative in Lebanon, Osama Hamdan, told AFP that Egypt had offered "guarantees" for the passage of much-needed supplies for Gaza's 1.5 million population, most of whom depend entirely on outside aid. Meanwhile, a 14-year-old Palestinian was shot dead by Israeli troops in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron on Friday, medics and witnesses said. Ezzedine Al-Jamal died after being shot in the chest by soldiers who opened fire on young Palestinians hurling rocks towards them in an Israeli-controlled area of Hebron, the sources said.