ISLAMABAD  - Security arrangements have been extremely tightened for the long march of Tehrik Minhaj-ul-Quran (TMQ) as Red Zone has been completely sealed by placing containers and digging trenches at various entry points and other spots in the federal capital. Strict aerial vigilance also continued the whole day in federal capital and adjacent Rawalpindi city.

Islamabad Police 10,000 personnel, Rangers and FC, besides police force from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Azad Kashmir reached Islamabad on Sunday. The security personnel were guarding various entry and exit points on Kashmir Highway and Red Zone. Moreover, Pakistan Army controlled some important buildings in Red Zone.

CCTV cameras from Faizabad to Red Zone have been installed for assistance of law enforcement agencies. Police and paramilitary forces have been provided with teargas shells, rubber bullets and arms worth Rs50 million to stop the long march.

Besides, containers placed on the roads, trenches were dug up at different points on roads as part of a strategy to stop the marchers entering the high security area of Red Zone. Police officials said that trenches were dug up as most of the time during protests after finding the main road blocked by containers; the protestors put their vehicles on green belts and medians to reach Red Zone.

A security official said that the security of the diplomatic community was top priority, adding that total of 3,000 security personnel have been deployed around the Diplomatic Enclave.

With the start of million-man march led by Dr Tahirul Qadri on Sunday from Lahore, fear of terror attacks and other unwanted incidents have preoccupied the residents of the federal capital.

Moreover, security measures taken by the city administration and capital police including blocking roads and streets by placing empty containers is also troublesome the them.

Meanwhile, the capital roads gave deserted look as public transport and other traffic were very thin due to the blockage of roads as a measure to break the intensity of the long march.

It should be mentioned here that next two to three days were very critical as movement of ambulances and other vehicles to take patients to hospitals in case of emergency would be impossible due to blockage of roads.