LAHORE - The reconstruction and renovation work of the shrine of Hazrat Baba Bulleh Shah in District Kasur has been completed by the Auqaf Department. Built in three phases at a cost of approximately Rs 60 million, half of which granted by the Punjab government, the new shrine complex is a rich addition to the grandeur of shrine architectures in the province. It comprises the main shrine and its tomb, attached mosque and its 102 feet high minarets, a library, arcade, two-way entrance to the shrine, landscaping and an administrative block. Director Projects Auqaf Punjab Mohammad Shabbir Malik, who has attained expertise in the preservation and renovation of ancient shrines and their architectural designs, supervised the refurbishment work. The shrine looks one of the finest shrine complexes of the area, and a valuable engineering feat of preservation work, modernised with improved standard and capable of giving religious services and public amenities to devotees. The elegant shrine looks majestic and when illuminated during ceremonies add to the beauty of the City. This also speaks of better management of Waqf properties for which the Auqaf was established in 1960. The mosque and the shrine also serve as model institution of mystical teachings and poetry of Bulleh Shah. It also reflects the pristine glory of monuments. The revolutionary poetry of Baba Bulleh Shah would always keep him alive. The legendary saint through his poetry imparted moral and social values to the generations. Paradoxes and contradiction were the main features of his poetry. He was disciple of Hazrat Shah Inayat Qadri whom he held in great esteem. Bulleh Shah says he was adored and refined with Inayat Shahs supplication and endowment. Inayat Shah is buried in Mozang Lahore where Bulleh Shah spent precious years of his life. Bulleh Shah (1680-1785) died at the age of 105. His original name was Abdullah commonly known as Bulleh Shah. He was descendant of Uchh Gilanian, Bahawalpur. His fathers name was Syed Sakhi Shah, who was descendent of Syed Abdul Qadir Gilani (RA). In his inheritance Hazrat Sheikh Bandagi Mohammad Ghous came to Uchh Sharif in 887 Hijra, 200 years after Syed Jalaluddin Sorkhposh Bokhari (RA), who came from Bokhara in Ucch Sharif. Bulleh Shahs father settled in Malkwal, Sahiwal, but Bulleh Shah came to Kasur for his religious education from Khawaja Hafiz Ghulam Murtaza Kasuri, who was also teacher of Waris Shah, the author of 'Heer Waris Shah. Bulleh Shah had great command on Arabic, Persian and regional languages. He was inspired from Mohammad Ibne Arabi and his famous creations, Fasoos, Alhakam and Fatohhat-e-Makia.