While preparing the annual reports of the children studying in their schools, the administrations of schools wrongly use the word "ward" for the word "child". For the kind information of the school administrations, I would like to mention here the correct meanings of the word ward. The child who by reason of incapacity (as minor or lunacy) is under the legal protection of court either directly or through a guardian appointed by the court is called ward. Such a child is called ward to the court. Thus this word cannot be used for a child who studies in school. I earnestly hope that the school principals will look into it and would use the word "children" instead of "wards" when they send any report or notice to the parents. MUBUSHAR ALI SULEHRIA, Wah Cantt, March 10.