KARACHI - KRL and Navy defied form and predictions to score stunning wins over their superior opponents in the semi-finals to set up the final clash in the fourteen-team National Challenge Cup football championship here on Tuesday. KRL, placed third in national ranking, upset current premier league champion and top ranked Wapda 2-0 in the semi-final before an appreciative crowd at the KMC stadium. Both the goals of an interesting encounter came in the first session with Muhammad Qasim and Muhammad Rasool netting once each. However, the biggest shock of the championship came at Peoples Football Stadium where a lowly-rated Navy gave a footballing lesson to a much superior National Bank of Pakistan before winning 3-0 for a place in the final. Navy captain Muhammad Ramzan, Asif Mahmood netted in the first session and Sajjad Ahmed added third goal in the second half. The final will be played at Peoples Football Stadium on Thursday afternoon at 4. Besides the coveted trophy and honour a prize of Rs. one lakh would be waiting for the winner of the final. The losers will get Rs, 50,000. On Wednesday, Wapda which came here with the thought of recording a football double by adding another trophy to its cupboard would now be engaged in third and fourth place match against NBP at the Peoples Football stadium. Wapda was better rated against KRL in the semi-final played at the KMC ground. Around 2000 fans were seated or laying out on the cement slippers around the small stadium anticipating a good fight from KRL against a strong opponent when the two teams came out of the dressing rooms and stepped on to the grassy pitch.There was no doubt about Wapda's superiority over their opponent but that was not seen on the field. During the first crucial session Wapda squandered three chances to score and that turned the tide against them. In the first 10 minuets, Qamar Zaman, Asif Mahmood and Imran Niazi all missed golden chances to put Wapda ahead. Luck helped KRL when they needed it most. Once they had seen the tough time off, they made their first attack and scored in 14th minute. Muhammad Qasim, receiving a pass from outside the big box, with one deft touch placed the ball into Wapda goal. KRL should have added second goal in 34th minute but Muhammad Rasool crisp kick was smartly punched away by Wapda keeper Azim. However, when Muhammad Rasool got another chance just seconds before half time hooter, he availed it and scored to put his team in a strong position. After half-time panic gripped Wapda who brought in couple of substitutes. Asif Mahmood and Qamar Zaman were rested. Though the move was aimed to bring in fresh legs but it did not work as desired. KRL continued to retain its two goal advantage and won the match by same margin. In the other semi-final at Peoples Football Stadium, an energetic and physically fit Navy played purposeful football. The sailors defended well and at the same time whenever opportunity came they used it to their advantage. The first opportunity came in 26th minute when sailors earned a penalty kick after their skipper Muhammad Ramzan was roughly tackled by two defenders inside the box. Muhammad Ramzan stepped forward to take the kick and scored comfortably beating the keeper. Asif Mahmood netted second Navy goal in 35th minute when the defenders were caught in two minds to clear the ball inside the ball. Asif pounced upon the chance and scored. The ultimate winners scored third goal in 50th minute with Sajjad Ahmed slamming the ball in opponent's goal.