ISLAMABAD - Rejecting the nomination of Admiral (Retd) Fasih Bokhari as Chairman NAB, Leader of Opposition in the National Assembly Ch Nisar Ali Khan Thursday said the government had not adopted a proper consultative procedure. In his rejoinder to President Asif Ali Zardaris letter on the nomination of Admiral Fasih, he said that the government has not consulted the Chief Justice of Pakistan. Nisar who would release the copy of his letter to media on Friday also pointed out that at least three names should have been proposed for the post of NAB chief so that after consultation the name of NAB chairman could be finalised. He further pointed out that all parties concerned including the chief justice should be consulted so that there are no discrepancies in the future. He further noted that under the Charter of Democracy, NAB chairman is supposed to be a serving judge from the higher judiciary but the government violating the charter has nominated former naval officer as NAB chairman. Staff Reporter from Lahore adds: A constitutional petition has been filed in the Lahore High Court to question the nomination of admiral (r), Fasih Bokhari for his appointment as Chairman National Accountability Bureau (NAB), which needs to made without further delay after Supreme Court had rejected the Federal Government plea for further time to do the needful as per its instructions and deadline given in May last. The petition has been filed by Barrister Javed Iqbal Jafree to seek nullification of the name of Bokhari as proposed Chairman NAB on the basis that no consultation had been made with the Chief Justice of Pakistan on his name as per the Constitutional mandate. He further said that Mr Fasih had been named in the cases of corruption as such he falls below merit for this prestigious position which demands appointment of a person with untainted and unblemished character. The petitioner prayed to the Court to direct the authorities concerned in the government to drop the name of Fasih Bokhari for NAB chief. It may be mentioned here that the name of Fasih had not yet been approved by the Opposition Leader Ch Nisar Ali Khan and who, under the Constitution his nod was a must. Ch Nisar had also expressed certain reservations to the PPP-led governments nominee. NOTICE TO MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS ISSUED: Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed of the Lahore High Court Thursday issued notice for October 27 to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for reply to the petition filed earlier by Ameer, Jamatud Dawa Hafiz Muhammad Saeed to seek halt of the US drone attacks on the Pakistani soil. The Court earlier expressed its dissatisfaction with report presented by the Federal Government as it did not make mention of the drone and their attacks on Pakistani territory. However, on a previous date of hearing the Federal Government had prayed to the Court not to deal with the issue as it fell in the exclusive jurisdiction of the Parliament where the matter lay before a Committee. The petitioner through advocate A.K.Dogar contends that a huge number of civil casualties had occurred in drone attacks from across the border with Afghanistan. In order to prevent US drone attacks, the Parliament twice unanimously passed resolutions which todate await implementation. The petitioner alleged that the Government was deliberately avoiding action on the resolutions as it endeared service to the American interests more than protecting the national ones. The petitioner prayed to the Court for a direction to the government for shooting down the US drone when they enter the Pakistani territory in violation of the International Law and sovereignty of the country. This had also been envisaged through the resolutions which needed to be carried out at a time when Pakistan lost much in terms of life and material but the attacks were unabated. DPO NANKANA DIRECTED TO ENSURE PROTECTION TO GANGRAPE VICTIM: The Lahore High Courts Chief Justice, Ijaz Ahmad Chaudhry Thursday directed the District Police Officer (DPO), Nankana Sahib to ensure protection of life to the gangrape victim of Shahkot, Saba Rai, and her family members. Saba and her family member s called on the Chief Justice at his chamber and informed him that the accused party was pressurising them for a compromise and in that course it was employing every means including serious life threats. Through an application Saba told the Chief Justice that the rivals have also threatened her with abduction and given the situation, she and her family members were very terrified and feeling highly insecured particularly after the police also not come to their help. Saba also requested the CJ for transferring her case to another Court of competent jurisdiction and the Chief Justice directed the District and Sessions Judge Nanakana to do the needful. After the meeting, Saba Rai expressed complete satisfaction and sounded upbeat that she would get justice.