KARACHI - Two more workers of Muttahida Qaumi Movement fell prey to target killing incidents at Orangi Town on Thursday bringing nine the death toll of MQM activists in 24 hours. A worker of Muhajir Qaumi Movement was also shot dead by unidentified armed men, police and eyewitnesses said. The main affected area was Orangi Town where the life remained paralysed and unidentified armed men continued intermittent aerial firing till filing of the report. The latest incident of target killing occurred at Orangi Town No 10, in the limits of Mominabad Police Station, where unidentified motorcyclists shot dead two activists of MQM Orangi Town sector. They were identified as Raza Idrees and Sarfraz. Panic spread in other areas including Farid Colony, Katti Pehari, Qasba and Aligarh following the target killing incident of MQM workers and life came to a grinding halt. People preferred to stay at home and no commercial activities were seen in the areas like the previous two days. Meanwhile, the funeral prayer of five slain activists of MQM was offered at I-D ground situated at Orangi Town which was attended by a large number of local leaders along with sympathisers and activists of MQM amid tight security. The incidents of target killing picked up pace when activists of the MQM started helping the census teams in different areas including those severally affected by the ethnic violence. SP Orangi Town Khurram Waris also confirmed that census teams were accompanied by these workers who proved to be an easy target of the armed men. An activist of Muhajir Qaumi Movement was gunned down in Malir near Jhanda Chowk in the limits of Saudabad Police Station. Police said the victim, 35-year-old Zeeshan alias Mama, a resident of Madina Colony, Khokhrapar, was fixing cable wire in Jhanda Chowk, Mohammadi Colony Malir, when two armed men riding on a motorcycle reached there and sprayed bullets on him. He received six bullet injuries and died on the spot. Police said victim was a cable operator by profession and an active worker of (MQM-H). The victim was nominated in the murder case of a DSP in 1997. The body was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) for medico-legal formalities. MQM-H leader Feroz Haider condemning the incident said it was a continuation of the target killings of his party men and as usual no one, involved in the murder of his party activists, was arrested. Victim was the father of two children and no case was registered till filing of the report. Meanwhile, an injured activist of MQM (Afaq Ahmed faction) succumbed to his injuries during treatment at a local hospital. Police said Anwar had sustained bullets wounds during an ambush on vice chairman MQM-Haqiqi Akhtar Hussain. During the incident four workers were killed while Anwar had received head injuries and was under treatment. However, after three days on Thursday, the victim succumbed to his wounds.