FAISALABAD - Divisional Commissioner Tahir Hussain has emphasized the need for grooming new generation in such a way that their intelligence and intellectual capabilities could be given a positive direction so that they could play a leading role in their respective areas of interest in the days to come. 

Addressing to meeting of the Board of Governors of DPSs, he said that all the seven DPSs were aimed at grooming the off-springs of the fixed income group of the society.

Particularly the government servants into balanced moderate personalities through quality education and co-curricular activities which help transform them into the leaders of their own category and will become harbingers of change in the society, he added.

The meeting was attended by the members of BoGs including Capt R Nisar Akbar Khan, Syed Umar Nazar Shah, Mian Kamal Din, Ahmad Usman, Mrs Firdous Rana, Dr Rizwana Tahir, Dr Muhammad Arshid, FCCI President Muzammal Sultan, Director Colleges Rana Munawar Hussain, Director Development and Finance Ch Muhammad Asif, Director Public Relations Dr Arif Hussain Bhatti, Additional Commissioner Revenue Mahr Shafqatullah Mushtaq and DPS&C Principal Shahid Mehmud besides GC University Faisalabad Vice Chancellor Dr Zakir Hussain and Coordinator for Public Schools of Faisalabad Division Ch Muhammad Ashraf.

The BoGs accorded formal approval to 10 percent increase in the academic fee of the DPS Faisalabad which was enforced a few days back. The meeting agreed to the proposal made by the Divisional Commissioner Tahir Hussain that 60 percent of the said increase in the academic fee will go to the teaching staff for enhancement in their emoluments while remaining 40 percent will be expended to improve the utilities of the public schools.

The commissioner stressed upon the teaching staff to maintain the standard of education rather they should keep on trying to compete the level of the costly private schools in terms of quality and achieving higher positions in the Secondary Education Board Examination. Earlier, the Divisional Commissioner formally inaugurated the ongoing construction work of New College Block of the DPS & C Faisalabad. The commissioner unveiled the plague and inspected the construction work.

On the occasion, DPS Principal Shahid Mehmud while briefing the commissioner disclosed that the new college block would be completed till January 2013 at a cost of Rs230 million.

He elaborated that the first phase comprising 10 classrooms and a toilet block would be completed in the next month while 5 more class rooms, two laboratories and a conference room would be completed in the second phase.