KARACHI - Reacting over the Supreme Court’s contempt of court notice, Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain has said that he will submit reply to the notice after consultation with lawyers and constitutional experts.  In his telephonic address from London to a gathering at Jinnah ground near party’s central office Nine Zero in Azizabad, he said that he had not done anything wrong so he was not afraid of anyone.

The gathering was arranged on the death anniversary of martyrs of Qasba Aligarh tragedy, in which about 300 innocent people were killed 26 years ago in city.  Altaf instructed the party workers not to express their reaction neither protest nor issue any statement against the contempt of court notice.

Rejecting the reports regarding raid of Scotland Yard on MQM’s office in London, Altaf said that police officials phoned and got permission to visit the party office. He said that they extended cooperation to the Scotland police to reach logical end of assassin of party leader Dr Imran Farooq.   He appealed the Chief Justice of Pakistan and government of Pakistan to take notice of Qasba Aligarah tragedy in which 300 innocent people were killed in city, demanding to investigate the Qasba Aligarah tragedy to provide justice to the innocent people.  He said that MQM was ready to provide video proof of Qasba Aligarah tragedy to the Supreme Court. He said that despite lapse of 26 years not a single culprit had been arrested.

He made it clear that people had observed the end of those who used to level fake and fabricated allegations in the name of politics for their vested interests.

He repeated that he has great honour for national institutions; that is why he has decided to submit his reply in the court. Supreme Court on Friday issued a contempt of court notice under Article 204 of the Constitution and Section 3 of the Contempt of Court law to Altaf Hussain for threatening the judges through his telephonic address from London and ordered him to appear before the apex court to submit his reply on January 7, 2013.

The court directed the Pemra to provide a transcript of the MQM chief’s telephonic address. The chief justice remarked that the speech delivered by Altaf Hussain following the delimitation order was not only contemptuous but also held a note of threat.