SAHIWAL- Former prime minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani has said, the acceptance of May 2013 rigged elections was his biggest mistake , adding that Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) accepted for democracy.

Addressing a news conference at residence of President PPP Sahiwal chapter Muhammad Zaki Chaudhary, Gillani said independent judicial commission should be formed to investigate the rigging. He said he had stated same to Imran Khan in a meeting, soon after the general elections.

The former premier stated that the government under the chair of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif is being failed to combat terrorism, therefore, the PPP accepted military courts under the supervision of Parliament.

In the previous era of PPP, he said 2.5 million were displaced who were settled in their respective areas after an operation in North Waziristan. Same strategy was adopted, during the Malakand operation to take the situation under control, he added.

Yousaf Raza Gillani said, the PML-N government adopted the option of dialogue for one and half years, but finally decided to launch operation against militants. He further stated the present government is not capable to recover his kidnapped son Ali Haider.

The former premier stated that the PPP government implemented 85 % on Democratic Declaration which was signed between Nawaz Sharif and Benazir Bhutto Shaheed, asking the former to implement on remaining 15%.

He clarified that PPP is not working as a friendly opposition rather a responsible stakeholder. He also made it clear that there are no differences between former president Asif Ali Zardari and Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, terming is complete disinformation.