LAHORE - The Lahore High Court on Wednesday sought comments from the Punjab Assembly speaker, deputy speaker and secretary on former lady MPA Shumaila Ranas petition, which stated that some PNL-N leaders got resignation from her at gunpoint and later the assembly speaker accepted the same without hearing her version. Earlier, with courts permission Shumaila filed an amended petition in which she included names of six PML-N leaders who had pressurised her to resign from the membership of the provincial assembly after she was falsely involved in credit card theft case in mid 2009. Justice Umar Ata Bandial not only accepted the new petition of Shumaila but also sought comments on it from the respondents for next hearing on August 10. She stated MNA Khawaja Saad Rafique, Zulfiqar Ali Khosa and General Secretary PML-N Raja Ashfaq Sarwar took resignation from her under duress on July 24, 2009, using all means of unlawful pressure. She added the speaker unlawfully accepted her resignation on the same day without any inquiry or hearing while he is bound to order inquiry or hear a member personally under rule 135 of rules of procedure 1997 of the Punjab assembly before accepting a members resignation. She said a fake case/FIR No 551/09 under section 329 PPC was registered on 12/7/2009 against her on the application of Muqeetus Salaam, with allegations of steeling his credit cards. She said on July 15, 2009 three armed men on behalf of the above mentioned PML-N leaders entered her house at 9:30 and threatened her in the presence of her family that she would face dire consequences in case of her refusal to resign from the assembly. Earlier, after the case was registered against her, PML-N had formed a committee comprising Pervez Rasheed, Secretary to the chief minister Ajmal and Additional Secretary Law Naseem Sadiq to probe the matter but instead the committee members asked her to give resignation. On July 24, 2009, after the speaker accepted her resignation the reserved seat for women W-307 from which she was elected MPA was declared vacant. She contended mere registration of a case does not hold anyone guilty but her media trial was started and party members took resignation from her. She said the PML-N leaders made her a scapegoat in the matter and did not even waited for the verdict of trial court for declaring her guilty. She submitted she was acquitted by the trail court on March 3, 2010, but her party leaders declared her guilty before the courts verdict came. She prayed to the court the assemblys notification through which her resignation was accepted may be cancelled and her membership of the assembly be restored. She also asked the court to declare illegal the election commissioners notification revoking her membership of the provincial assembly.