ISLAMABAD One person was killed and 29 others injured, as fire erupted due to gas leakage here on Wednesday at a busy shopping market in Sector G-9 Markaz commonly known as Karachi Company. The fire erupted at the basement of Shirkarpuri Bakers and in no time it reached to adjacent shops, most of them were cloth shops, resulting in a loss of millions of rupees. Traders and eyewitness said that the fire erupted when a private constructor during boring damaged mainline of gas. After the damage of mainline three blasts of small intensity took place at the basement of Shikarpuri Bakers, said a shopkeeper, Muhammad Rafique. It is relevant to note here that when fire engulfed the basement of the said shop, at that time there were number of workers busy in preparing sweets and they remained trapped there for more than a hour. Due to this, a large number of people got injured. The local traders alleged fire brigade for not cooperating with traders, as first fire tender reached there after 40 minutes. Meanwhile, the traders staged protest demonstration against the CDA and SNGL. They chanted slogans against the authorities concerned for their alleged negligence. They flayed CDA for its cold response after the tragedy. They also criticised the SNGL for not making foolproof arrangements to avoid such incidents. Rescue 1122 rushed to scene and retrieved the trapped injured. Later, injured were rushed to the PIMS and Polyclinic, where one Muhammad Riaz, the owner of Shakarpori Baker, succumbed his injuries. This incident spread panic among the locals, as supply of electricity and gas to the area was closed. Some outlaws while taking advantage of this tragedy tried to loot some shops. Till the filing of this report efforts were underway to extinguish the fire. Meanwhile, heavy contingent of Islamabad police reached there and taken control of the area to avoid any unwanted situation.