ISLAMABAD - JAVAID-UR-RAHMAN   - The commission, probing the May 2 incident in Abbottabad that resulted in the killing of Osama bin Laden, is unlikely to public its final report that is pending for a couple of months even in the coming month.

Almost all other necessary stages, inter alia statements, important personalities, inspection of the spot of incident and views of experts have been completed, excluding the statement of former prime minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani, said a member of the commission while talking to TheNation.

It has also been learnt that the commission might also call Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in near future to record his statement about the incident.  Osama bin Laden was allegedly killed on May 2, 2011, by Navy SEALs of the US Naval Special Warfare Development Group.

The five-member commission, headed by former senior judge of the apex court Javed Iqbal, was reconstituted on June 21, 2011, and despite lapse of over a year, the commission has still to complete its report. It is relevant to mention here that spokesperson of the commission had shared with media that the report had been finalised on May 21, 2012.  Sources said that Gilani was asked to submit its report, but he had to leave for the UK on a five-day visit to participate in the first Pak-UK summit level review of the Enhanced Strategic Dialogue. After removal from premiership, he still did not appear before the commission, sources added.

Sharing problems faced by the commission during the probe, sources privy to the commission said that a number of problems were faced during all this procedure. The commission has reportedly recorded statements of the heads of military and civil intelligence agencies, Director General Military Operations, Pakistan’s Ambassador to Washington, present and former foreign minister and secretaries, and wives and children of Osama and others.