Sports Desk LAHORE - Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) spokesman said on Tuesday that it was confident next month's home World Cup qualifier against Bangladesh will go ahead, promising tight security for the match. After the first leg of their Asian zone qualifier for the 2014 World Cup in Dhaka on June 29, the two sides were scheduled to meet in Lahore on July 3. But arrangements ran into trouble after Bangladesh asked FIFA to shift the match due to security fears. FIFA has apparently rejected the request in a move welcomed by PFF secretary Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi. "We hosted Palestine and Malaysia earlier this year and both the teams returned happy, so we have proper security arrangements in place and we are confident that the match will go ahead," Lodhi said. "FIFA knows of our security arrangements made for the Palestine and Malaysian teams so they have no problems and we assure Bangladesh that they will be well looked after," said Lodhi. Meanwhile, Bangladesh Football Federation (BFF) Chief Kazi Salahuddin said on Tuesday that FIFA turned down its request to host both games against Pakistan. "FIFA rejected our request. So our national team will go to Pakistan to play the match on July 3," he said, adding that he had not been told where the game will be played. Team coach Robert Rubcic did not want to travel to Pakistan, Salahuddin said, but the team's appeal to FIFA fell on deaf ears. Five-time champions Brazil will host the next World Cup in 2014.