ISLAMABAD- Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) central leadership has said that peace accord had been reached with Abdul Rashid Ghazi and he had showed his willingness  to offer his arrest on July, 5 but Former President Pervez Musharraf ordered for launching operation .

JI leadership said this in their statements recorded before the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) probing into Ghazi Abdul Rashid murder case here today.

JI Deputy secretary Farid Paracha said “ I contacted interior minister  on coming to know from media that final operation will be conducted on   July, 8 , 2007 night but he avoided meeting us. We all MNAs met Ch Shujaat and apprised him of the gravity of situation. He contacted the then Prime Minister (PM) Shaukat Aziz and assured us that operation would not take place tonight. Some Ulema led by Ch Shujaat met Ghazi Abdul Rashid and an agreement was reached between the two sides. On the other hand Musharraf had resolved to launch operation at every cost to give impression to US that the extremists had grown so stronger and they had occupied the federal capital and only he could go for the extreme steps against them. Therefore, Musharraf rejected this agreement and the operation was started."

He also presented before JIT copy of report evolved by Facts Finding Commission (FFC)  of JI on Lal Masjid operation whereby Pervez Musharraf , Shaukat Aziz , former Director General Rangers Hussain Mehdi, Corps Commander Rawalpindi Lt Gen Tariq Majid, interior minister Aftab Sherpao, interior secretary Brig Javed Iqbal Cheema, ISPR spokesman Maj Gen Wahid Arshid, IG Police Islamabad, Commissioner Islamabad, Deputy Commissioner Islamabad and other were held responsible for Lal Masjid operation .

MS Samia Raheel daughter of former Amir JI Later Qazi Hussain Ahmad said in her statement that she alongwith other women parliamentarians of JI continued talks process with Ghazi Abdul Rashid who  had accepted all the demands of government and a consensus agreement was also reached but Pervez Musharraf ordered for conducting operation by rejecting the agreement.

Former JI Amir Islamabad Syed Bilal Ahmad said that he contacted Ghazi Abdul Rashid on July, 4 after the arrest of Maulana Abdul Aziz and convinced him to come out of mosque and surrender him before law and he had agreed to do so. But police arrested me while I was returning from surrender point. The entire process was sabotaged by arresting me.