This is the face of one of the Paris killers who was one of at least two behind the carnage who are thought to have sneaked into France by posing as refugees.

Serbian media claims one of the terrorists was Ahmed Almuhamed, 25, who was carrying a Syrian passport, blew himself up at the Bataclan concert hall, where at least 80 people were slaughtered on Friday. 

One of the attackers was last night named locally as homegrown terrorist and French national Omar Ismaël Mostefai , 29, from the Courcouronnes suburb of Paris.

The newspaper, Blic, Almuhamed arrived with another of the bombers in Europe on the Greek island of Leros on October 3 on his way to Paris. Police said the two men, who arrived in Greece last month, were among seven attackers, one as young as 15.  

The disclosure, which came amid claims of French intelligence failures, inevitably raised new security concerns about Europe's borders. 

Ahmed Almuhamed is believed to have taken around a month to travel to France posing as a migrant.  

By October 7, he had entered Serbia at Miratovce, having crossed the frontier from Macedonia. The newspaper reported that Almuhamed, applied for asylum in Serbia in Presevo before crossing into Croatia and Austria. 

Paris prosecutors confirmed that the suspects, all wearing explosive vests, roamed across the French capital in three teams, perpetrating the 'worst acts of violence' in the country since the Second World War. Fingerprint records show that two of the terrorists had arrived in the EU as refugees through Greece.

A Syrian passport found near the body of one of the gunmen who struck at the Stade de France showed the holder, who was born in 1990, had passed through the Greek island of Leros on October 3.

Greece's deputy minister in charge of police, Nikos Toscas, said he was 'identified [as a refugee] according to EU rules' as he passed through the country, but did not know if it was checked elsewhere en route to Paris. In all, 129 people were killed in a series of co-ordinated bomb and gun attacks on Friday night. With 99 of the 352 wounded critically ill, the death toll is expected to rise. 

The first Jihadi suicide bomber named in connection with the Paris terrorist attacks that left at least 129 people dead was Is Omar Ismail Mostefai, who was identified by his finger.

The digit was found among the carnage of the Bataclan concert hall, where the 29-year-old was one of three men who blew himself up killing 89 men, women and children.

Born on 21 November 1985, in the Paris suburb of Courcouronnes, Mostefai's criminal record shows eight convictions for petty crimes between 2004 and 2010. 

He had never been jailed but Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said Mostefai had been picked out as a high-priority target for radicalisation in 2010 He added that Mostefai had 'never been implicated in an investigation or a terrorist association'.

Investigators are now investigating claims that he went to Syria last year, and may have spent time with IS terrorists.

Mostefai's father and 34-year-old brother were arrested on Saturday night, and their homes were searched.

'It's a crazy thing, it's madness,' his brother told French news agency AFP before he was taken into custody.'Yesterday I was in Paris and I saw how this shit went down.'

The brother, one of four boys in the family along with two sisters, turned himself in to police after learning Mostefai was involved in the attacks.

While he had cut ties with Mostefai several years ago, and knew he had been involved in petty crimes, his brother said he had never imagined his brother could be radicalised.

The last he knew, Mostefai had gone to Algeria with his family and his 'little girl', he said, adding: 'It's been a time since I have had any news.I called my mother, she didn't seem to know anything.' A source close to the enquiry said Mostefai regularly attended the mosque in Luce, close to Chartres, to the southwest of Paris. 

Among their victims was a 36-year-old British man, Nick Alexander, from Colchester in Essex, who was selling T-shirts at the Bataclan Theatre where 89 music fans were slaughtered.

With much of Europe on high alert yesterday, a Frenchman caused chaos at Gatwick Airport after producing what appeared to be a gun at an easyJet check-in desk. Hundreds of passengers were evacuated after the 41-year-old man fled and threw the 'firearm' into a rubbish bin at the North Terminal following a row with staff. 

Jerome Chauris, from Vendome, has been charged with possession of an air rifle and a knife and is due to appear in court on Monday.

Armed police rushed to restrain the man and were said to have shouted 'get down, get down' to nearby travellers. 

If the attack does involve militants who travelled to Europe amid millions of refugees from the Middle East, the implications will be profound.

Poland's prospective minister for European affairs, Konrad Szymanski, said that in light of the attacks, Poland would not comply with an EU plan to accept refugees unless it received 'guarantees of security'. 

The attack brought an immediate tightening of borders as Mr Hollande declared a state of emergency and announced renewed border checks. Germany also stepped up border checks.

Belgian authorities conducted raids in Brussels and arrested three people near the border with France after a car with Belgian numberplates was seen close to the Bataclan. Mr Molins said a French national was among the three arrested.

Last week a 51-year-old man arrested in Germany last week with weapons in his car might be linked to the Paris attacks.

A spokesman for Bavarian state police confirmed earlier that firearms, explosives and hand grenades were found when officers stopped a man near the Austrian border on November 5.

Ludwig Waldinger declined to confirm reports by public broadcaster Bayrischer Rundfunk that the man appeared to be en route to Paris when he was arrested.

Responding to questions about the Paris attacks, Bavarian governor Horst Seehofer said: 'In the course of spot checks we had an arrest where there are reasonable grounds to assume that there may be a link to the matter.'

Citing unidentified investigators, Bayrischer Rundfunk reported that documents found during the arrest indicated that the man was from Montenegro and was travelling to Paris. It also reported that the weapons, which it said included an automatic rifle and 1kg of TNT, were professionally hidden inside the body of the car, a VW Golf.

Rainer Wendt, chairman of the German Police Union, said security agencies appeared to have been tipped off that the man was planning to enter Germany.

'It seems it was found that he originally wanted to go to Paris, heavily armed with several different firearms and explosives,' Mr Wendt told German news station n-tv.

'That the French authorities were informed about this is totally clear,' he added. 'From what we know the man is in custody and isn't saying anything, so with that information alone the French authorities seem to have been unable to do much. At least the attack couldn't be prevented, despite all the efforts that were surely made.' 

Meanwhile in Paris, distraught relatives and friends of people still missing launched a desperate search for loved ones feared killed. They shared pictures and information with the hashtag 'RechercheParis' – which means 'search Paris' – and it has now spawned its own Twitter accounts and Facebook page. Many of those missing were at the Bataclan concert.

British victim Mr Alexander was with his American friend Helen Wilson when gunman stormed the venue before blowing themselves up. She told how they were forced to lie on the ground – with those who moved, shot. 

Mr Alexander was fatally wounded when they tried to make a break for freedom – but someone attracted a gunman's attention and both of them were shot. Helen was left desperately trying to resuscitate him while the terrorists lurked 'in the shadows'.

She said: 'Then he couldn't breathe any more and I held him in my arms and told him I loved him. He was the love of my life.'

As France declared a state of emergency and tightened its borders, it emerged that a catastrophe was averted at the Stade de France, where 80,000 watched a friendly football match between France and Germany.

A security guard frisked one of the attackers as he tried to enter the stadium with a ticket, only to find that he was wearing an explosives vest. 

His plan had been to detonate it on the terraces, triggering a stampede of fans – straight into the path of another bomber outside.

But after being discovered he ran and detonated the bomb outside, killing one other person, a 63-year-old Portuguese man.

At least one of the bombers is a Parisian. French prosecutor Francois Molins said that the attacker, who appears to be the ringleader is from the Courcouronnes suburb, the same district to the south of the capital that spawned the Charlie Hebdo killers

The man, known only as Mr Ismaël, was born November 22, 1985, and had a criminal record, but had never spent time in jail. He had been known to France's security services since 2010 and was on 'Fiche S', their watchlist of known extremists. 

He was known as having been radicalised but had never been implicated in a counter-terrorism investigation. 'He was considered a radicalised person and had a security report,' Mr. Mollins said.

But he was not being monitored closely enough to stop him taking part in Friday's monstrous attacks, described by Islamic State, which claimed responsibility, as 'just the start of a storm'.

Professor Anthony Glees, terror expert at the University of Buckingham, said: 'I have no doubt whatsoever that some of the people in this plot will have been infiltrated into France in the guise of asylum-seekers. We worried about it, now we have it. I think this is of enormous significance.'

Other vital clues were also missed. More than a week ago, a heavily-armed suspect was stopped in Germany on his way to Paris. Hidden in his car, police found a terrifying arsenal, including seven Kalashnikov assault rifles and seven hand grenades. The destination programmed into his satnav system was Paris but officers failed to alert anti-terror police. 


Courtesy: Dailymail