The Philippine Tourism Secretary Alberto A. Lim deeply regretted on Manila hostage incident which left eight Hong Kong tourists dead, Secretary for Security of the Hong Kong government Ambrose Lee said on Thursday. Lim, leading a delegation to the city on the follow-up action to the deadly crisis in August, met Hong Kong's Chief Executive Donald Tsang and expressed condolences from Philippine President Benigno Aquino III and sympathy of the Filipino people to the victims and their families, Lee told reporters after a meeting with the Philippine delegation. Members of the Philippine delegation include officials from the Department of Justice, Department of Foreign Affairs and Department of Tourism. On Aug. 23, a sacked Philippine police officer hijacked a bus with 21 Hong Kong tourists in Manila. The 11-hour hostage crisis ended in a bloody carnage, with eight Hong Kong tourists killed and the hostage taker shot in a bungled police rescue. The Philippine government has filed criminal charges against responsible officials, and Lim promised that the authority would " vigorously pursue the proceedings", said Lee. The events, which were televised live in Hong Kong, shocked the Chinese region and made thousands of tourists cancel bookings in Philippine resorts. To lure back frightened sightseers, the Philippine government has announced a series of measures recently to address security, with specific arrangement to beef up forces for tourists safety protection. A series of measurements that have been taken include implementation of institutional reforms, a special team of tourist-oriented police officers, crime-prevention techniques taught to tourist guides and drivers, a task force to prevent robberies against motorists and bus passengers, according to Lee. "We welcome these measures which will help guard against recurrence of similar tragedies, and restore the confidence of Hong Kong people visiting the Philippines," said Lee. During the meeting, Lim also assured Tsang of Philippines' continued cooperation in the Hong Kong government's inquiry through its Coroner's Office on the incident, said Lee. At present, Hong Kong still has a "black" travel advisory for the Philippines in force, urging its residents against visiting the Southeastern Asian country. "We will listen to the views of community and consider adjusting the travel alert as appropriate," Lee said. "It is Hong Kong people's safety that we mostly care about," he added. Earlier on Tuesday, Chinese Foreign Spokeswoman Jiang Yu said China expected and believed the Philippine authorities would continue to properly handle matters concerning the hostage tragedy.