MIRPURKHAS  - At least four people including two policemen were killed and six others injured when` Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) and Pakistan Muslim League–Functional (PML-F) rallies clashed with each other in Nizamani Para area of Sanghar district on Tuesday.

As per details, in the wake of local bodies’ elections going to be held in district Sanghar on December 17, the situation was tense, but the district administration Sanghar did not make proper security arrangements in Sanghar city and other areas of the district to avoid any unpleasant situation.

As the election PPP rally led by party’s ex-MPA Fida Hussain Dero arrived at Nizamani Para, Functional League rally also reached there from the opposite side. Activists of the Functional League rally were demanding government to extend Rangers powers in Sindh without any delay. At this moment, an unidentified man resorted to aerial firing. Upon this, gunmen present in the Functional League rally opened indiscriminate fire on the PPP rally as a result of which four people including constables Nabi Bux Dero and Ashiq Marri and PPP senior workers Gull Muhammad Shah and Gull Muhammad Marri were killed on the spot while six others sustained serious bullet wounds. The injured were rushed to Civil Hospital Sanghar where they were treated. Injured were identified as Ilyas Bugti, Zuhaib Dero, Sher Muhammad Dero, Mehmood Burdi, Salahuddin and Muhammad Rashid with all of them PPP workers.

Four of the injured were later referred to LMUH Hyderabad due to their precarious condition and remaining two were shifted to Civil Hospital Nawabshah.

Panic griped the city after the incident. Shopkeepers and other people saved their lives after managing to flee the scene.

Sanghar police, however, arrived at the scene after half an hour when armed men had managed a good escape. Police told the journalists that it was an armed attack on the PPP rally.

Sources said that 15-20 bullets hit the bulletproof car of PPP ex-MPA and leader of the rally Fida Hussain Dero and due to use of bulletproof vehicle he remained safe in armed attack. Bodies of the deceased were later handed over to heirs after legal formality. Police have arrested three suspects in raids and law enforcement agencies were patrolling in the Sanghar town to stop any untoward incident.