PESHAWAR (AFP) The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan released an audio recording allegedly made Friday of leader Hakimullah Mehsud denying he had been killed in a US bombing raid, as the military investigated the reports. Missiles fired from an unmanned US aircraft killed at least 15 insurgents at a training camp in countrys lawless northwest tribal belt Thursday, and security officials said Mehsud may have been among the dead. The government and the army say they cannot confirm Mehsuds death while the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) group he commands said he is alive and well, and sent the recording to media Friday to back up their claims. Reporters familiar with Mehsud said the voice appeared to be his, but there was no mention of dates or the bombing alleged to have killed him, making it impossible to confirm if it was recorded before or after Thursdays strike. Sometimes they (the government) launch propaganda about my martyrdom through media and sometimes they say that the operation has been completed in South Waziristan. This can never happen, Mehsud said. He was referring to military operations against Taliban strongholds launched last year in the tribal district of South Waziristan. Hakimullah Mehsud assumed leadership of the group blamed for the deaths of thousands of people in attacks across Pakistan after his predecessor, Baitullah Mehsud, was killed in a US drone strike in August last year. Conflicting reports emerged from intelligence agents and security officials in the northwest on Friday, with some saying Hakimullah Mehsud was injured, while others said the TTP chief and some of his top commanders were likely killed. The US strike hit in a remote and mountainous area between the districts of North and South Waziristan, and the militarys spokesman said access to the Taliban-controlled area was one hurdle in obtaining information. So far we do not have confirmation of him either getting killed or getting injured. It will take a little more time to confirm this or otherwise, military spokesman Major General Athar Abbas told AFP. Intelligence agencies are at their work, they are trying to probe and find out from their sources. The TTP has already issued a number of statements denying Hakimullah Mehsuds death, and on Friday Taliban spokesman Azam Tariq said his boss had left the Shaktoi area pounded by the missiles 40 to 60 minutes before the strike. Hakimullah is alive and safe. I met with him last night, there was not even a scratch on him, Tariq told AFP by telephone. The US bombings fuel anti-American sentiment in Pakistan, and the TTP repeatedly vow to avenge the raids. I want to caution the Pakistani nation that the drone attacks in tribal areas are a danger to Pakistans security and sovereignty, Mehsud said in the recording issued Friday. From now onwards, any dangerous step that the Taliban will take in Pakistan, the responsibility will be on the government. Monitoring Desk adds: There were conflict reports about death or injury of Hakimullah Mehsud. Intelligence and Taliban sources told the CNN that TTP chief Hakimullah Mehsud has been injured in Thursdays suspected US drone strike. Hakimullah Mehsud was moved to a safe area and was being treated by doctors, the Taliban source said. The strike came after Mehsud appeared in a video released Saturday by the Taliban. He was sitting next to Human Khlalil Abu-Mulal al-Balawi, the man believed to be the suicide bomber who later killed seven CIA employees and contractors at a base in eastern Afghanistan. An initial Taliban report said Hakim left the area before the missiles struck, and no Taliban fighters were at the strike location. According to BBC, a Taliban leader, requesting anonymity, told the BBC that Hakimullah Mehsud has been injured in Thursdays US drone strike. Government officials, however, told the broadcast that they are 80 per cent sure that Hakim has been killed in the attack. They also claimed that three Uzbek insurgents including key Taliban commander Myhammad Khawaja have also been killed in the strike.