LAHORE - Two young labourers were found suffocated to death from the warehouse of an electronics company that caught fire late on Monday night in the limits of Liaqatabad police, rescue workers said on Tuesday.

Separately, four people were killed in as many incidents in different parts of the provincial capital, police said.

According to rescue workers, two employees, later identified as Imran and Waseem, were recovered dead from the warehouse of an electronics company located in the (S-block) in the Model Town area. The labourers are said to be the resident of Shor Kot area in the Jhang district. Police said both the men were sleeping at the upper portion of the building, which caught fire owing to short-circuiting.

Rescue workers reached the spot soon after the happening and recovered the bodies from the building. Rescuers said that the men were suffocated to death as the entire portion was got filled with smoke soon after the warehouse caught fire. The police also reached the spot, examined the site, and handed over the dead bodies to the deceased’s families after fulfilling legal requirements. Further investigations were underway.

In another incident, a 35-year-old man was electrocuted to death in the Misri Shah police precincts on Tuesday. The deceased was later identified as Muhammad Shabbir, said to be the resident of Azad Kashmir, who was working here as a van driver.

Reportedly, a truck stuck in the high-voltage electric wires while it was passing through the Chamra Mandi in the Misri Shah area. As a result, the wire fell on Shabbir who sustained sever electric shocks. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was pronounced as brought dead. The police have registered a case against the truck driver namely Gull Zaman Khan. The driver is being interrogated, police added.

Another 35-year-old man was found dead from the jurisdiction of Ravi Road police. Some passersby spotted the body lying near the Timber Market and contacted the police. Police said that the deceased, unidentified so far, was a drug addict. The police have removed the body to the morgue and are investigating.

Separately, Nadeem Akhtar who was admitted to a local hospital with severe injuries the other day died there on Tuesday. Police said that the resident of Ichhra was crossing the road in the Garden Town area when a van hit him. the police handed over the body to the family on Tuesday and are investigating.

Meanwhile, a trader was found dead from the Lower Mall police area on Tuesday. Investigators said that unidentified swindlers poisoned the man, identified as Iqbal, a garments trader in Gujrat, and fled away after collecting his belongings including cash and mobile phone. The police have removed the body to the morgue for autopsy and are investigating with no arrest made so far.

FIRE: Valuables and goods worth hundreds of thousands of rupees were reduced to ashes when fire broke out inside a shoemaking factory in the Farrukhabad area in Shahdara police vicinity.

The cause of fire was said to be short-circuiting. Firefighters reached the spot soon after the happening and extinguished fire after hectic efforts. However, no casualty was reported.