NEW DELHI  – Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said on Tuesday there could be no ‘business as usual’ with Pakistan after a clash last week along the Line of Control.Speaking to reporters at a ceremony to mark India’s Army Day, Singh said that the killings on January 8 on the Line of Control were a ‘barbaric act’. His remarks come after the Indian army chief Bikram Singh said India reserved the right to retaliate at a time and place of its choosing and he had instructed his ground commanders to be aggressive in the face of provocation.“There can be no business as usual after the barbaric act,” Singh said when journalists asked about the government’s move to hold back visa on arrival for senior Pakistani citizens.“Those who are responsible will have to be brought to book... I hope Pakistan realises this. The government’s point of view has been communicated in detail by the defence minister (AK Antony), foreign minister (Salman Khurshid) and the army chief (General Bikram Singh),” said Singh.Singh, when asked about options vis-a-vis Pakistan, said: “It cannot be discussed in the open.”Meanwhile, Indian government suspended a new programme to allow Pakistani pensioners to get visas on arrival at the border, citing technical glitches only hours after officials said it had begun Tuesday.Indian Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters the scheme, which was designed to issue visas on arrival to senior citizens from Pakistan, had been suspended until further notice.“Couple of points have to be ironed out on that. There are technical issues, documents required. We will iron it out after consultation with other agencies,” he said.The suspension was announced the same day that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh warned neighbouring Pakistan that there ‘cannot be business as usual’ between the two countries.Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia, a spokesman for the home ministry, insisted to AFP that the decision over visas had ‘nothing to do with tensions along the India-Pakistan border’.The visa deal was sealed last month, when the interior ministers from both countries met in New Delhi and decided to institute measures making cross-border travel easier.The new agreement was to allow Pakistanis aged over 65 to arrive at the Attari/Wagha land border dividing the Punjab region and apply for a single-entry Indian visa for a duration of up to 45 days.An Indian customs official on the border, who declined to give his name, told AFP earlier in the day that the process to issue visas had begun, but refused to say if any Pakistanis had made use of the facility yet.Indian External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid said India has taken a ‘very firm position’ on the beheading issue with Pakistan as the act is ‘totally unacceptable and barbaric’.Referring to Monday’s flag meeting between India and Pakistan on the LoC, he said, “we may not be happy with the outcome but the process is still on.”He indicated that the incident would have impact on the bilateral engagement with Pakistan although there would not be total freeze.The incident would be factored in while scheduling meetings, etc, the external affairs minister said. On the government’s decision to put visa-on-arrival on hold, Khurshid said it has not been called off but only deferred. “Nobody has utilised it as yet,” he added.Asked whether India has set any timeline for Pakistan to act, Khurshid said “There is no timeline. But we are actually pressing (Pakistan) very hard.”Meanwhile, the Indian Army has a ‘definite plan’ to avenge the brutal killing of two soldiers by Pakistan, Lt-Gen KT Parnaik declared Tuesday. “We have definite plans to retaliate but not in haste and anger, and at the time and place of our own choice,” he told the media.