LAHORE - Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) secretary Lt Col (R) Ahmed Yar Khan Lodhi has said that the national U-16 football team will be unable to participate in the SAFF U-16 Championship 2015 to be held in Bangladesh from August 7 to 15.

As per previous regular practices, Pakistan national football teams of all age groups had been participating in all the FIFA, AFC and SAFF tournaments.

Lodhi condemned those who created hindrances in the way of football development in Pakistan. “We have no record with us. The PFF bank accounts are frozen, the occupiers of the PFF secretariat have savagely damaged or wasted all football related valuable record of the PFF maintained in years. We are unable to send our national U-16 football team to take part in a competition in which our team has won gold medal in 2013. The ‘Qabza Mafia’ occupying the PFF secretariat is responsible for this worst situation and so is the government and Sports Board Punjab (SBP) for supporting and favoring them unethically, undemocratically and unconstitutionally,” he said.

PFF president Makhdoom Faisal Saleh Hayat has said that it is very unfortunate that due to government interference and illegal occupation of PFF secretariat by govt-sponsored group, Pakistan football has to witness such sad moment. “The young national footballers who had prepared very well for the event are very disappointed and so are the millions of football fans across the country. The government and its backed intruders into football house are not realizing the level of damage they have done to the country’s football. They are bringing a very bad name to the country,” he added.

Meanwhile, the PFF has also announced to postpone 1st Women Football Premier League 2015 and Women Inter Club Championship 2015, both events were planned to be started/launched in August 2015, for the same reasons mentioned above.