LAHORE - Islampura police are using delaying tactics in arresting those 13 accused who allegedly abducted a 20-year-old youth from Aiwan-e-Adl, Lahore and later murdered him in Jehlum a couple of weeks back. Zainab Bibi (58), the mother of victim, said that some 13 armed people including a woman kidnapped her son Arslan on May 31 last at about 11am from the main gate of Aiwan-e-Adl in the presence of dozens of lawyers and eyewitnesses. The accused after abducting the boy fled the scene on their cars while firing their guns into the air. One of their vehicles was later identified bearing number plate (KE 587). Arslans cousin Rana Saeed called the Lahore Rescue 15 thrice at 11:10am, 11:12am and 11:57am respectively, but none of his calls were attended. In the meantime, the accused managed to get out of Lahore and approached Jehlum. Reportedly, eighteen-year-old Sadaf, a pre-medical student of FG College, G-10/4, Islamabad, and permanent resident of Jehlum, had eloped with Arslan, resident of Nasrullah Park in Bhagatpura, Lahore, on May 28 from Islamabad. The girl tied the knot with Arslan on May 29 at Lahore despite the refusal of her parents. Sadaf and Arslan got married, and were going to register their Nikah Nama (legal marriage agreement) at the Aiwan-e-Adl when the accused kidnapped Arslan, Zainab maintained. She said that her son was preparing for his FA examination, adding that he might had developed his relation with Sadaf while he was living with his elder brother Yousaf in Islamabad. Mohammad Younas, eldest among the siblings of Arslan, said that the accused made numerous phone calls to him and intimidated that they would kill Arslan if Sadaf was not handed over to them. He alleged that Sadafs uncle Tauqeer, who claimed to be a police officer, often threatened them (family) of dire consequences over the phone, saying he would kill the boy. Qadeer Ahmad, Kosar Parveen (parents of Sadaf), Tauqeer Ahmad, Zaheer Ahmad, Tanveer Ahmad, Mohammad Aslam, Irshad Shah and five other accused persons were nominated in the FIR (584/10) registered under Sections 364, 302 of PPC. The accused skinned Arslan, cut pieces of flesh from his arms and thighs before closing the chapter of his life. He was shot in the head by the accused, Younas further said, adding that a case was registered against the accused persons on June 4, the day his brother was murdered. Meanwhile, on duty police officer at Islampura Police Station had allegedly refused the registration of case against the abductors-cum-murderers and asked the family to expunge the names of Rescue 15 and Islampura police from the application if they wanted to get an FIR registered. Akram, a police official in Rescue 15, maintained that they had referred all the phone calls to the police station concerned. I do not blame the police for my sons murder, Zainab said and deplored had the police extended their efforts well in time her son would have been alive today. She said that her family was sacred, as the accused had been forcing them to avoid legal action against them. When contacted, Islampura Police Station SHO Zaheerud Din Babar was not available for his comments, but an investigator claimed that investigation was underway. The family has appealed to Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif, Lahore High Court Chief Justice Khawaja Mohammad Sharif and Inspector General of Police Punjab Tariq Saleem Dogar for early justice and protection to them.