LAHORE - Four unidentified men mercilessly butchered a 35-year-old medical rep and his old father inside their three-Marla residence in a congested locality here in the wee hours of Friday, leaving police investigators baffled. The killers entered the residence of Nazir Ahmed, situated in Farooq Gunj (Street No 10) area in Misri Shah police vicinity after Thursday midnight, stayed their for more than an hour and fled away after slaying the old man and his son Saif Ullah, said to be father of two kids. The victim family said it was a dacoity-cum-double murder as four robbers took away cash and gold ornaments worth Rs 0.6 million after slaughtering the father and his son. However, the police investigators said, In most of the cases, we see, the dacoits dont stay at home for more than an hour and butcher the captives during robber-cum murder cases in such manners. There is something the family is unwilling to disclose to the investigators, police investigator Inspector Arshad Hayat Kanjoo told this reporter, when contacted. Interestingly, the widow told the police that one of the killers forced his entry into their house along with her husband. Being a medical rep by profession the deceased was well dressed when he came back home. But we found his body in simple Shalwar and vest inside the sitting room, the investigators revealed. When he changed the dress and why he did so when the killers were inside? This is very important point which we are looking into, the investigators added. The body of 65-year-old Nazir Ahmed was lying in the courtyard while his son was lying dead in a pool of blood at the mattress inside the adjacent sitting room as we reached the spot, they said. The crime scene was quite terrible, a police officer commented. It is premature to conclude at this stage. The motives behind the killings are still unclear. We have begun investigations keeping in mind different aspects of the double-murder, Police Inspector Kanjoo said. He also hoped the mystery would be resolved in few days. Inaam Ullah, the complainant, told the police that four unidentified men entered their home at about 1:00 pm. As my brother Saif Ullah entered the house after Thursday midnight, the complainant said, an unidentified man followed him. The man (one of the killers) held Saif Ullah and his wife Mamoona hostage and asked his other three accomplices via mobile phone to come in, police sources quoted the complainant as he told the police. Mamoona along with her two kids went upstairs and locked the room from inside. About one hour later, when she came downstairs she saw her husband and father-in-law lying dead. The investigators are also probing into the contradictory statement of the widow that she stated before them at the crime scene. The police have registered the case as house robbery-cum-double murder on the complaint of the deceaseds brother Inaam Ullah. The bodies have been removed to the City morgue for autopsy. Further investigations are underway.