LAHORE - The City Police have formed a 45-men First Responder Team (FRT) while it will constitute six similar squads in all its six divisions in the provincial metropolis in a couple of months, a move supposedly aimed at responding quickly to terrorist assaults and creating a sense of security among the masses. Sources reveal Friday that these FRTs will work under the supervision of two SPs of the division concerned. The newly-established squad is the outcome of the meeting of DIG (Operations) Rao Sardar Ali Khan with SP Security Faisal Rana and SP Headquarters Muneer Ahmed Zia. The meeting discussed how a specific mechanism to tackle the deteriorating security situation in a proper way could be chalked out, say well-placed sources. To make the FRTs a success, the police high-ups have also sought support of crime reporters of all the leading newspapers and prominent TV channels. The public relations officers (PROs) in the Police Department will work as focal persons to media, and all kind of information regarding any (untoward) incident will be shared through them. The sources said that according to the new (anti-terror) strategy, DIG Operations, SSP Investigations, SP Crime Investigation Agency (CIA), Chief Traffic Officer (CTO), SP Traffic along with DSP and Sector In-charge and Divisional SP would be the first officials to reach the crime spot. It may be mentioned that earlier, the officers of any police station in the jurisdiction of which an attack was carried out, were directed to act as there had been no special force for this purpose. But now the FRTs will react and the police concerned will assist them. DIG Rao Sardar Ali Khan told this scribe that the FRTs were the result of thorough discussions. After the third attack at Gamay Shah that was carried out where a large number of people had gathered and claimed maximum lives, 'we have decided to launch a new plan of keeping the media men, general public and the relatives of possible victims at a safe distance with an intention to save their lives, he remarked. The FRT squads will reach the crime site seconds after the happening of any untoward incident like suicide blast or attack, bomb explosion or any crime of such nature. These teams will cordoned off the area and all kind of movements will be suspended from the scene to collect tangible evidences. The media, general public, civil society and even the close relatives of the victims will also be stopped at a specific point. When asked about new counter-terror strategy, the DIG said that now these FRTs would be the first teams to reach the spot while other police forces would assist them. He also said that the new plan would be discussed with the media men for further improvements.