SEOUL (AFP) The head of South Koreas Olympic committee took control Wednesday of the countrys boxing association in a bid to end a row that could see fighters banned from Novembers Asian Games, officials said. The Korean Olympic Committee (KOC) said its chief Park Yong-Sung would control the Korean Amateur Boxing Federation (KABF) until it normalises relations with amateur boxings world governing body. Park will form a new board for the KABF on September 30 that would elect a new chief. The rare move came three days after the International Boxing Association (AIBA) provisionally stripped South Korea of membership. Unless the country secures reinstatement this month, South Korean boxers will be barred from the Asian Games in Guangzhou and other international tournaments. The exclusion could be finalised at the AIBA general congress in Almaty, Kazakhstan, on November 1-2. AIBAs decision followed a long dispute between the world body and former KABF president Yoo Jae-Joon. The feud dates back to November 2006 during the election for an AIBA chairman, when Yoo supported Anwar Chowdhry an opponent to the eventual winner, Wu Ching-Kuo. Shortly after Yoo was elected as KABF chief in January last year, the AIBA suspended him for 18 months for sending an unauthorised team doctor to an international event. The Korean boxing body has resisted the AIBAs request to name a successor to Yoo. We will try hard to normalise relations between our boxing body and the AIBA, KOC spokesman Ahn Yong-Hyuk told AFP, urging the world boxing body to retract its decision.