One person has been killed and several others got injured during the protests demanding justice for a minor girl , Rabia who was killed after being raped in Manghopir, clashed with the police near Kati Pahari on Tuesday afternoon. 

Six-year-old Rabia was found dead in the city’s Manghopir area on Monday.

Later on, a post-mortem report revealed that she had been raped before being strangled.  

The protesters blocked the road to Kati Pahari and demanded justice for minor Rabia and asked authorities to take notice of the incident. They also brought the body of the minor girl to the protest.

While negotiating with the protestors, police assured them that DNA samples have been taken and a report is yet to be completed. After the completion of the report, investigations will be carried out.  

Then family members of the girl agreed to call off the protest, but the others refused to do so until justice is assured. 

For dispersing protestors, the police baton-charged them and started aerial firing. Aftermath, two protesters got severe injuries and were taken to Jinnah hospital.

One of injured, identified as Abdul Rehman, succumbed to his wounds.

Dr Seemin Jamali, the executive director of the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre, told media that the deceased had sustained a bullet wound on his head. 

Stones were also pelted at the policemen by protestors in which at least one police officer got injured.

Inspector General (IG) Sindh, AD Khawaja, took notice of the incident and ordered SPP West Omer Shahid to submit a detailed report on the issue.

He told SSP West Omer Shahid that the family of the victim should be taken into confidence. The investigation should be conducted on the basis of evidence and statements of the girl’s family members, he added.

Meanwhile, SSP West Omar Shahid said that some efforts were being made to portray the incident as political. He also said that the Kati Pahari protest was baseless.

He further told that Rabia’s father named three suspects, of which two have been arrested and operations are being conducted to arrest the third suspect.

The girl's post-mortem was conducted at the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital which proved her rape before death.

A six-year-old girl, Rabia, was found dead in Manghopir on Monday.

The child went missing from her house on Monday afternoon and her body was found atop a hill near Nooruddin Goth a little after midnight.

Duty Officer (DO) of Manghopir police station said that Rabia’s father reported her disappearance to police at 9 pm on Monday.  

The DO said, “In his statement, the father told us the victim left her house at around 2 pm on Monday after her aunt slapped her for refusing to go the seminary.” He added that a call about a child’s dead body was received at 12:40 am later at night.