LONDON - An Iraqi Muslim doctor serving in Britain's National Health Services on Tuesday found guilty of conspiring to murder hundreds of people with Baghdad-style car bombs in the West End area of London and at Glasgow airport. Bilal Abdullah, 29, copied tactics used against the US military by insurgents in Iraq in an attempt to cause carnage in Britain in revenge for the war in Iraq. He was part of a gang that left two car bombs packed with gas canisters, nails and petrol outside the crowded Tiger nightclub in central London last year that would have exploded "in a fireball of shrapnel and flame", Woolwich crown court heard. But the bombs failed to explode because the mobile phone detonator devices failed to work. The tight air seals on the boots of the two Mercedes also meant there was not enough oxygen to cause an explosion. A second defendant, his close friend, Jordanian NHS neurologist Mohammed Asha, 28, was acquitted of the same charges. Abdullah drove one of two Mercedes saloons loaded with gas cylinders, petrol and nails into central London. Just over a day later a Jeep loaded with a similar deadly cargo was crashed into Glasgow Airport in a suicide attack. Abdullah wanted revenge for the wars in his homeland and what he saw as Western oppression of Muslims worldwide. He plotted 'indiscriminate and wholesale' murder with Indian PhD student Kafeel Ahmed in a wave of car bomb attacks. Colleagues said Abdullah travelled to Britain to further his career at university and in hospital. He was a junior doctor at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, and also studied in Cambridge. But secretly Abdullah was a member of a terrorist cell that wanted to plunge the UK back into the terror of July 2005. He turned his attention from treating illness to planning a series of devastating car bombs in busy urban centres. Abdullah and Ahmed, 28, cunningly concealed their tracks as they spent six months buying vehicles, renting a property and preparing the bombs. They purchased five second-hand vehicles and had prepared detonators for at least two further bombs, experts found. The jury of seven women and five men on Tuesday rejected Abdullah's defence that he planned a series of bloodless incendiary attacks to highlight the plight of Iraqis. Abdullah, wearing a sweatshirt and open-necked shirt, sat slouched on the dock bench with his arm along the back of the seat. He showed no reaction as both guilty verdicts were read by the jury foreman. Justice Mackay indicated he will sentence Abdullah, who faces a life sentence, today morning.