KARACHI – Three people were killed in separate acts of violence in the metropolis on Sunday.

In the first incident, a man was shot dead and his brother wounded in North Nazimabad area by a bike-borne duo. The victim was identified as Irfan, 45, son of Mohammad Din, and the injured as 35-year-old Imran.  Police officials said the two brothers were going to their carpet shop when attacked. They sustained multiple bullets. A police party rushed and shifted them to the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, where doctor pronounced Irfan as brought dead.

The police officials said the victim’s brother-in-law was gunned down in same manner in Nazimabad area six months ago.

They suspected that the victim might have been killed over a personal dispute.  In another attack, a man was mowed down near Banaras flyover. Police officials said the victim, Muslim Khan, 30, son of Rehman Khan, was returning home when unidentified gunmen riding on a motorbike appeared on the scene and opened fire on him, causing his instant death.

 The body was shifted to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital for autopsy, and later handed over to the heirs. The motive behind the killing could not be ascertained till the filling of this report.  Separately, a man, Raja Munsif, 55, son of Mehtab Khan, was found dead from bushes in Gulshan-e-Maymar area.

 Police officials said the victim was a cook by profession and hailed from Rawalpindi. They said that unidentified culprits used a shovel to kill him as his body had several marks of stab. The officials suspected that the victim might have been killed over a personal enmity.

Meanwhile, panic gripped SITE area after a cracker explosion on Sunday evening. Luckily, no casualty was reported.

Following the explosion, a heavy contingent of the Rangers and police cordoned off the area and the Bomb Disposal Squad was called to the site.

According to police officials, at least two unidentified men riding a motorcycle lobbed the bomb at a ‘pan’ shop near Valika Chowrangi and fled. No case was registered till the filing of this report. The officials further said that an investigation was in underway and nothing could be established about the incident.