KARACHI - The Sindh High Court on Thursday adjourned the hearing on a case against the in custody death of a juvenile prisoner in the Central jail until February 23. Sindh Assistant Advocate General Adnan Karim appeared before the division bench, comprising SHC Chief Justice Sarmad Jalal Osmani and Justice Ali Ahmed M Sheikh. He submitted the report of the Medico Legal Officer (MLO) of Civil Hospital Karachi regarding the cause of the dead of the juvenile Under Trail Prisoner (UTP) - namely Mohsin Baloch, son of Dildar Baloch. The court after hearing his arguments adjourned the proceedings with the directions to submit the medical report to determine the cause of the dead. On Tuesday, the comments of the DIG and the Saeedabad Police SHO were also submitted in the court. In the previous hearing, the bench had summoned the Sindh Home secretary, superintendent of the central prison, the SDPO of Baldia, SHO of Saeedabad Police, MLO of the jail and other respondents. Mst Parveen, mother of the deceased under trial prisoner, 15-year-old Mohsin Baloch, submitted that her son was arrested by the Saeedabad Police on November 7, 2009 in a fake case. She said her son was studying in Army Cadets College and had never been involved in any anti-social activities. She claimed that the drunk driver of the Police mobile van of Saeedabad Police hit her son and when he shouted at the police van the police started beating him. Due to the Police torture and hit from the Mobile van her son sustained severe injuries while the Police instead of admitting to their mistake picked him up, took him to the police station and booked him in false case. She also alleged that on the next day of his arrest, the police party brought him to her house located in Naval Colony, in Mawatch Goth on Hub River Road and demanded Rs20,000 for his release. But when she refused to pay them bribe, the took back her son to the police station and registered an FIR against him. She continued that she approached the authorities concerned for an inquiry into his mysterious death but no action was taken on her plea. Her counsel requested the court to order an exhumation of the body to establish the cause of his death. According to the counsel, the boy had been kept in the jail along with adult undertrial prisoners and a few days later, he died. The jail authorities claimed he had committed suicide. It worth mentioned here that the police had claimed that the teenaged under trail prisoner (UTP) had committed suicide on the premises of the Karachi Central Jail (KCJ). The police had claimed that the deceased was arrested from Naval Colony in the FIR No 608/08 on charges of theft from the limits of the Saeedabad Police while a court sent him into jail wherein on November 6, he committed suicide by hanging himself.