SIALKOT

The readymade garments related material and other valuables worth of Rs35 million reduced to ashes in a fire erupted in a garments’ manufacturing factory located on Daallowali-Sialkot Road here on Sunday.

According to eye witnesses, the fire, said to be caused by short circuit, engulfed the factory all of sudden. Later, factory owner Naeem Khadim told the newsmen that the cause behind the fire was electricity short circuit. He added that luckily injury or causality occurred in the incident as the factory was closed due to holiday of Sunday.

District Emergency Officer Syed Kamal Abid, who led this fire-fighting operation, told the newsmen that the firefighters of Rescue 1122 extinguished the fire after about hour-long struggle. He said that readymade garments related material and other valuables (worth of Rs35 million) were gutted. While, rescuers saved other valuables worth of Rs55 million during the operation here, he added.