IPOH (Malaysia) (Agencies) Defending champions India and South Korea were declared joint winners of the Azlan Shah Hockey Tournament Sunday as the final clash between the two teams was called off due to rain. The final match was abandoned after six minutes of play as the heavy showers lashed the turf. India had lost only one match, against Malaysia, en route to final. In another classification match, Pakistan finished fifth after pipping China 6-5 in the sudden death tie-breaker after being locked 1-1 till extra time. This is the first time in the history of the tournament, which began in 1983, that there have been joint winners. Indian defender Sardar Singh was adjuged the best player of the tournament. The Indian team management, when called by the FIH Tournament Director Paul Richards, expressed the desire to be given the winners trophy since they had topped the seven team round-robin league with 13 points as well as having beaten the Koreans 3-2 at that stage. However, it was decided to give the winners cup to both the teams which gave India their fifth title and the Koreans grabbed their second. India had made six appearances in the final of the tournament and ended on the victorious side on four occasions in 1985, 1991, 1995 and 2009. In other matches world champions Australia scored a hard-fought 5-3 victory over Malaysia to win bronze. Mathew Swann (34th), Russel Ford (43rd), Kieran Govers (50th), Christopher Ciriello (54th) and captain Grant Schubert (65th) scored for Australia while Haffihafiz Hanafi (14th), Amin Mohd Rahim (48th) and Tajudin (70th) found the target for the hosts. Malaysia took the lead in 14th minute when striker Haffihafiz Hanafi pushed past Australian goalkeeper George Bazeley after being put through by Faisal Saari. The Aussies found the equaliser when birthday boy Mathew Swann tapped in via a reverse flick from a goalmouth melee in the 34th minute to go into the breather 1-1. Australia accelerated the pace in second half mounting raids led by captain Grant Schubert and Mark Paterson. But the Malaysian defence did well in foiling these attempts. Russel Ford put Australia ahead in the 43rd minute with a superb backhander from the top of the striking circle leaving Malaysian goalkeeper Kumar Subramaniam a mere spectator. Malaysia came back to get the equaliser when they earned their first penalty corner after winger Tajudin was obstructed and Amin Mohd Rahim flicked home in the 48th minute. Australia tightened their grip thereafter scoring two goals in quick succession from penalty corners. Kieran Govers made it 3-2 slamming in from an indirect variation in the 50th minute while Christopher Ciriello increased the tally four minutes later. Even though Malaysia tried in vain to reduce the margin, Schubert sealed the victory for Australia scoring their fifth goal in the 65th minute, even though the hosts got a last minute consolation from Tajudin.